Sennheiser HD600s - eCost - $249.99
Sep 18, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #31 of 35
Interesting product, but I doubt it will have near enough power. It's also set up to be a splitter which can't be good for audio quality.

You don't need to know anyone. I didn't when I went to my first meet. You don't even have to take any gear. The members will have their stuff set up you can listen to, they'll order some pizza or have snacks and drinks. It's a good time. Talking to the members there will be very helpful for a person just starting out because you'll get instant feedback and more of it than sitting and waiting for a forum post. The guys at the meets are there for the gear, the people, and the general bettering of the experience of listening to music.

Sep 18, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #32 of 35
HD650 is not necessarily double the price of the HD600 at that price.  Even though that's obviously a really good price, you can get the HD650 for $320 from Zipzoomfly at the following URL: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=386025&prodlist=froogle.  Since I just bought a pair from the trade forums and was considering buying them new, this is the best price I've seen by a long shot on the HD650.  Hope you enjoy whatever it is you end up buying ..

Sep 18, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #33 of 35
yeah that is a good price for the 650's.  before i plunge into them though, i will really want to test them out with a good amp.  and im on a tight budget as it is.  but i just bought a pair of hd555 and a pair of ad700s because i always wanted to test the ad700s and the low price of 89 with 2 day free shipping i just bought them.  now im stuck with two low end headphones, which are by no means bad, but i desire detailed music!  if i could sell both for 180 i would do it, i even have the hd555 recabled and soundstage modded.  i cant believe no one is interested in them at the sale section.  if i sold both pairs for 180, plus the 90 i have in the bank, 70 i have on my card, i would hae enough for the the hd600's.  then i could just buy the bottlehead amp, it doesnt seem that hard to put together.  i wish i could trade some of my stuff to people but no one ever wants to trade things anymore, they want cash.

Sep 19, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #34 of 35
Dammit sone!
I had just placed my order on eCost last night for $249+$15 shipping, when you came up with a price of $319 for the HD650. There's not too much Difference, and i could've streched it a bit to get the 650's....ah well. It's money saved towards buying another Amp.

I KNOW a TON of you guys were on the eCost website yesterday. it was slower than 56k dialup-finally managed to finish the process with Google Checkout, which made things much faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back