Sennheiser HD600 Discontinued (?)
Sep 16, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #61 of 97
Well I got a HD600 today via Amazon at a decent price. They are not burned in or anything, but I have never witnessed such an amazing sound reproduction. I don't care if they are being discontinued, a good headphone is still a good headphone. Newer technology doesn't make for better sound either. One very happy person.

Sep 16, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #63 of 97

Quote:
frown.gif
im gonna miss that weird ironstone/marble finish...

Best looking headphone I ever had.

Sep 18, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #65 of 97
At teh very least I'm hoping that the new version will still use the same earpad mount, but on top of that I wish they'd bring back the HD580J titanium grey finish and have swivels that allow the earcups to fold flat. They'd be easier to slip into a bag - like a briefcase, camera or laptop bag, like a Hee Go'er - with just a protective sheet (like those you can get for cameras) vs having to use a bulkier dedicated bag. Or the box it came in slipped into a backpack or suitcase. With a high-output, high-voltage amp like the Toucan before going for under $300 and the Pelican for under $350, and good source units, it's not as impractical to lug such a headphone for a transportable set-up.

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #68 of 97

Quote:
This is sad news, its kinda like if Beyerdynamic decided to discontinue the DT880...

That may happen eventually, considering the fact that they are probably going to launch at t80 model in the $600 price range. I still love my dt880 though

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #71 of 97
I'm personally hoping to see a new HD700? kind of model in the $6-700 price range that uses technology from the HD800 such as the ring driver and especially imo the angled drivers. A similar design would be nice too.

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #72 of 97
Is this official or anything lol? IIRC some Sennhesier dude on this forum has said repeatedly that they aren't being discontinued, but he has been ignored. 

They are still on amazon. . . . and at three B&M stores in my area, according the Sennheiserusa site.

Furthermore, don't they get rid of any mention of discontinued headphones? i.e. HD 485, HD 580, both not listed anywhere. 

Sep 29, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #74 of 97
Hmm this would be good to know--I am upgrading from the AKG K702 and was thinking of the 600 or 650. I'm leaning towards the 600 but it seems hard to find online, only a handful of places.

Now do I wait it out? Not sure how long I can last without any hi-end headphones...

Oct 19, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #75 of 97
The HD 600 were in the Gold Box this morning when I got to work. Nabbed them at $270 shipped. Seems to be a good deal by all indications. I have been meaning to grab a pair of Sennheisers since I lost my HD 280s several years back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back