Sennheiser HD600 Discontinued (?)
Feb 6, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #18 of 97

Quote:
Actually now that I think about it, "discontinued" probably means that they can't think of a better explanation for stocking these.

I think the most likely explanation (barring a new product announcement in the coming weeks) is that they're in between batches of production.

Their line in Ireland probably only produces one model type at a time - HD 600 & HD 650 for some period of time, then one of the other models they make in Ireland, and so on.  It takes time to change the tooling, and if they made a mistake in demand/available stock of a model, it can mean supply problems for the retailers.

Feb 6, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #19 of 97
lucky that i just got the HD650

Feb 6, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #20 of 97

Glad i got a pair of hd580s! oh crap i think im about 3 years late on that. 

Feb 6, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #22 of 97
Hopefully Sennheiser doesn't take the opportunity to open up a mid-fi product line with three different headphones available at three different impedences, plus a special version of one of the models only available in a certain retail chain, plus available custom color schemes on the first three models...

...like that other German headphone company we all know and love. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #23 of 97

Quote:
Hopefully Sennheiser doesn't take the opportunity to open up a mid-fi product line with three different headphones available at three different impedences, plus a special version of one of the models only available in a certain retail chain, plus available custom color schemes on the first three models...

...like that other German headphone company we all know and love. 
biggrin.gif

Stylish Senn? Did I just see pigs fly?

Feb 6, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #24 of 97
Whatever comes out, I hope they just don't have that weird texturing all over. That was the only thing stopping me from picking a pair of 600's up.

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #27 of 97
This is the end of an era. I don't think any other headphone was this much-used and well-known as a great headphone in and outside audiophile circles.

Feb 7, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #28 of 97
Hmm, if these were to be discontinued, what would happen to the prices on the current 600s? Would they go down to make way for the newer models (if there are any)? I also read somewhere (might be this thread) that the 650s were being discontinued?

Feb 7, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #29 of 97
So has this been confirmed yet, or is it still a rumor?

I'm thinking Sennheiser might just upgrade the 600-series (608/658) while keeping their prices steady and introduce two 700-series models to compete in the huge price bracket currently between the 650 & 800.

Feb 7, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #30 of 97
Sent a mail and asked Sennheiser what´s up... Got a reply from Sennheiser Nordic denying that the HD 600/HD 650 are exiting production. In other words, this story might not be true at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back