Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread
Jun 10, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #361 of 980
Thanks for the comparison, Pangaea. I agree, I kind of miss the airiness and soundstage of the Senns. It makes me want to break out the HD595s again and re-evaluate them. Right now, I've packed them in their box, readying them for when I sell them on these forums. But perhaps not?

Jun 10, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #363 of 980
Hello guys,
I'm from Taiwan and I bought the senns hd 595 about a month ago and i was blown away with the quality of the sound. Sound separation was mind boggling. And the clarity, nice!! I bought it at a sound studio wherein I compared it side by side to the Grado 325i. Both are very, very good and competitive, but when it comes to the highs, the grado made my ear ache a bit. It was too bright for my taste. Anyway I ended up buying the senns. I use this with my ipod. Mind you the ipod can drive these cans (50 ohms) with ease and more than adequate volume. I have little experience with headphone amplifiers. I was wondering if I use these with an amplifier, will it just boost the volume or will it actually improve the sound quality. Cuz if it will only boost the volume, then I wont be needing an amplifier. BUT if it will improve the sound quality, then I will definitely buy a competent amplifier. Any advice will be very appreciated. Thank you!!

Jun 10, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #364 of 980
Ive been using my HD 595 with a RSA Tomahawk set to hi gain. Sound quality is much improved. I think most of us would agree we use amps to improve SQ, not volume level.

Quote:

Originally Posted by winsner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello guys,
I'm from Taiwan and I bought the senns hd 595 about a month ago and i was blown away with the quality of the sound. Sound separation was mind boggling. And the clarity, nice!! I bought it at a sound studio wherein I compared it side by side to the Grado 325i. Both are very, very good and competitive, but when it comes to the highs, the grado made my ear ache a bit. It was too bright for my taste. Anyway I ended up buying the senns. I use this with my ipod. Mind you the ipod can drive these cans (50 ohms) with ease and more than adequate volume. I have little experience with headphone amplifiers. I was wondering if I use these with an amplifier, will it just boost the volume or will it actually improve the sound quality. Cuz if it will only boost the volume, then I wont be needing an amplifier. BUT if it will improve the sound quality, then I will definitely buy a competent amplifier. Any advice will be very appreciated. Thank you!!

Jun 10, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #366 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by winsner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for that quick response. I guess I'm going to the amplifier dealer right away. Oh happy days!!

Good luck & welcome!

Jun 12, 2007 at 8:52 AM Post #367 of 980
Any bass deficiancies of the HD595s are completely wiped out by a tube amp. Been using the LD 2++ for two days and besides the heat issue, really can't complain for $180USD delivered to Australia.

Jul 2, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #368 of 980
mine has just come, listening for an hour or so
i am happy cause there is no lack of bass for me, classical music is awsome, realy good separation, i am satisfied for now
smily_headphones1.gif

and i am very curios about "burn-in"
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #369 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by leng jai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any bass deficiancies of the HD595s are completely wiped out by a tube amp. Been using the LD 2++ for two days and besides the heat issue, really can't complain for $180USD delivered to Australia.

The bass deficiency is not in the volume but in the extension. With some tube amplifiers hd595 can easily have too much bass, but its not very deep.

Jul 3, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #370 of 980
Just ordered my 595's and am chompin' at the bit for their arrival! You guys are killing me....or my wallet!

Jul 3, 2007 at 12:28 PM Post #371 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bass deficiency is not in the volume but in the extension. With some tube amplifiers hd595 can easily have too much bass, but its not very deep.

I've always though the HD595s had pretty good bass depth but was somewhat lacking in impact for some tracks.

Jul 3, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #372 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by leng jai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've always though the HD595s had pretty good bass depth but was somewhat lacking in impact for some tracks.

x2 yes on some tracks, also on some sources/amps

Jul 3, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #373 of 980
I absolutely love the 595's! The clarity is amazing. Have you guys had a chance to listen to Diana Krall- From This Moment On, on these headphones? It sounds amazing with my setup! Gosh....
wink.gif

Jul 3, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #375 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by wgr73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I absolutely love the 595's! The clarity is amazing. Have you guys had a chance to listen to Diana Krall- From This Moment On, on these headphones? It sounds amazing with my setup! Gosh....
wink.gif

Save a bit of your love for some other tracks!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back