Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread
Jul 3, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #376 of 980
Lol!!

I love horns (I play the sax). I'll try to save what I can!
wink.gif

Jul 4, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #377 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by leng jai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've always though the HD595s had pretty good bass depth but was somewhat lacking in impact for some tracks.

When compared to some other phones, it is pretty clear that it has not so good extension. Its' deep bass is not present, not very effective below 40 hz or so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus
x2 yes on some tracks, also on some sources/amps

Impact is easily fixed with an amp.

Jul 7, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #378 of 980
My 595's arrived 2 days ago and I absolutely LOVE them!!!! I also have the Grado sr80 which I love also. They are very different from each other so I will be keeping them both.

My question is with using an amp. I apologize in advance for sounding so ignorant, but, I'm new at this so in fact I AM ignorant.

I only listen on my home stereo system which includes a Sony cd/sacd player ran through my Technics receiver. To use an amp, do I just hook it up to my receiver's headphone jack???? Or do I hook it up at the line out connections on my cd player????

Is an amp only helpful on portable sources or will I benefit by hooking one up to my home system???????

I just got a GO-Vibe amp and am anxious to try it out. Got my eyes on a LDmkIII down the road.

Any and all suggestions you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Jul 7, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #379 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by leng jai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've always though the HD595s had pretty good bass depth but was somewhat lacking in impact for some tracks.

I thought the same, actually I was very close to sell it, but after listening the phones with the RSA HR-2 amplifier, my mind changed. Definitely they don’t have the kind of bass of the DT990, but once properly amplified the bass improves a lot.
wink.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #380 of 980
I just picked up a pair of HD 595. I thinks this is pretty amazing. Sure I bet there is better headphones out there. But this sound quality at the price, I think these head phones are a real bargain.

I guess most is said about these now. Me personally don't think they lack to much bass, and the clarity and overall sound quality is amazing.

I'm hooked.

Jul 14, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #382 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My 595's arrived 2 days ago and I absolutely LOVE them!!!! I also have the Grado sr80 which I love also. They are very different from each other so I will be keeping them both.

My question is with using an amp. I apologize in advance for sounding so ignorant, but, I'm new at this so in fact I AM ignorant.

I only listen on my home stereo system which includes a Sony cd/sacd player ran through my Technics receiver. To use an amp, do I just hook it up to my receiver's headphone jack???? Or do I hook it up at the line out connections on my cd player????

Is an amp only helpful on portable sources or will I benefit by hooking one up to my home system???????

I just got a GO-Vibe amp and am anxious to try it out. Got my eyes on a LDmkIII down the road.

Any and all suggestions you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Line out if you have one.

Jul 18, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #383 of 980
I just received my hd 595 today for the price of 160euro..
Its my first expensive headphone, ive had several cheap-ass earphones and headphones before but i can really tell the difference and im not even sure if my music on my pc is good quality either..
Really satisfied customer over here!
I dont know how some can say that it lacks in the bass department cause the bass is really present.. When i read that some find the bass lacky im convinced they are using a broken one..! ^^

Im no headphone expert but i think it gives a warm sound and sort of breaks the music apart, you can hear the different tones of music really well..

- Stefan.

Jul 26, 2007 at 7:23 AM Post #384 of 980
Hi everyone!
icon10.gif

I had been a music freak since childhood but had been using cheap earphones till now. An year back I decided to upgrade and bought my first serious headphones: HD280 pro. Had decided for them after reading a lot of reviews here and there. And so many different sites I visited had them in their most recommended headphones (of course I missed head-fi). But man! I was disappointed! IMO their sound was too closed and highs were too harsh for my taste. Thanks to head-fi and expert comments/reviews from all of you, after months of research i finally bought HD595s. Got them in mail today and have been listening to them since I got home!! (3 am now! got office tomorrow) just can't take them off! much more satisfied with the sound than my HD280s. Although as many others have noted, bass is not deep anough. Looks like I'm gonna start my research for amps from tomorrow!
tongue.gif
Right now listening unamped from my HP notebook and loving the sound as it is (not much burn-in till now). Hope they'll only improvewith more burn-in. Still a newbie and would love to dig into all the geek stuff around cans! Thank you head-fi. you led me to these beautiful, great-sounding cans!

Jul 26, 2007 at 9:54 AM Post #386 of 980
These headphones are very unobtrusive to the music. I can just insert my tunes and enjoy. Of course they are not as unobtrusive to very bad recordings like some cheaper cans but its only because youve heard them sounding so good that you think they are bad when playing bad recordings. Some cans can sound better with bad recordings but don't scale up with good ones.

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #388 of 980
Damn you, humans!
Ok, now i got the HD595 But I'd like to know what amp, according to the other HD 595 Users is the best for the prize. what do you use to get the best of them?

Thanks pals!

(The ibasso T2 looks nice, btw)

Jul 31, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #389 of 980
There are a lot of good amps for the HD595. I personally have a gilmore lite and love it. For $300 there might not be a better amp for it in that price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back