Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread
Aug 24, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #76 of 980
hehe, just ordered a pair of these yesterday
biggrin.gif
got them for $161 shipped (no tax for CA =D)
going to have these hooked up to an Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition (though i think they only call it gamer because it comes with games) for my comp.
hopefully these will sound as good as everyone says they do
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #77 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by superbob
hehe, just ordered a pair of these yesterday
biggrin.gif
got them for $161 shipped (no tax for CA =D)
going to have these hooked up to an Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition (though i think they only call it gamer because it comes with games) for my comp.
hopefully these will sound as good as everyone says they do
biggrin.gif

Did you order from shipdog.com? I ordered mine on Monday, and apparently it's stolen by the FedEx guy or something -- tracking information saying it was left at my door without the need for signature. I waited eagerly all day long for it to my anger. I thought all FedEx 2-Day packages needed signatures. Real bummer!

Aug 25, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #78 of 980
Got mine from Shipdog a week ago and lovin them through my Bithead as I type!
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #80 of 980
yeah it is but it still works out cheaper than other places.

Aug 25, 2006 at 8:28 AM Post #81 of 980
shipping is indeed crazy, but no tax is worth it and the price is cheaper also
biggrin.gif

btw, i thought all FedEx pacckages required signing? it said on teh page taht a person must be there to sign
frown.gif

Aug 25, 2006 at 11:45 AM Post #82 of 980
This is my first post. I have been looking for awhile but just joined last night. I guess I can expect more of when did you buy that from the wife and a lighter wallet in the future. I have been listening to Hi Fi since the 70's. Anyway you guys have got me wanting some 595's. Right now I listen to a pod with ether px-100 or Grado 60's and a pa2v2 amp. My first question is will the pa2v2 drive the 595's ok. Looks like the 595's have a 1/4 plug and I don't like adapters. Can the cord be changed to a 3.5. And lastly where is the cheapest place to buy the 595 in the US............Thanks For your help Trent

Aug 25, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #83 of 980
I received these phones the other day, and the sound has me in heaven...increasingly so as they break in. The earpieces are very, very comfortable. However, I find that, no matter how the phones are adjusted, the top piece puts a lot of pressure on the top of my head, and it doesn't feel terribly good. Has anyone else had this problem?

David

Aug 25, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #84 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by Svperstar
Have the SA5000s in the mail right now though, curious what Sony has to offer.

A bright, cold, and analytic sounding phone...very detailed, and with good comfort and decent construction...

Aug 26, 2006 at 12:04 AM Post #85 of 980
The bass does take quite a lot of burn in to get to its peak on these cans. For the first 3 weeks the bass was relatively weak, but now I find it to be just about perfect. Bare in mind that I'm not a bass head so I'm rather tight and detailed bass over huge thuds.

Aug 26, 2006 at 4:21 AM Post #89 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by taymat
You'll love those headphones. I have similar tastes to you and think they're great, as is that nirvana unplugged album, it sounds much better than the studio albums. Don't think that the 650 is better than the 595 either, IMO it isn't.

I have both, & prefer the 595's..BUT, if you have a high end amp, I don't think the 595's can compete with the 650's..They are very hard to drive..

Aug 26, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #90 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by retic3nt
Do you any of 595 owners not use their headphone stand? If you don't want it, PM me!

Meier is selling it, also it is available from Sennheiser USA as well, part number: HH10, I got two about 6 months ago, and thye arelatively cheap, like 12.00 or so....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back