Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread
Sep 14, 2006 at 8:39 PM Post #106 of 980
I just ordered myself a pair yesterday, should have them in about 5 days, I can't wait!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 23, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #109 of 980
i like the sound of the headroom micro with desktop module paired with the hd595s, but if you throw in a 75ohm adapter it gets even better. the sound is fuller and smoother in my opinion. i enjoy this more than just the 50ohm 595s with the micro amp.

Sep 23, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #110 of 980
3rd vote for Headfive - 595s. Gives soooooo much air in mids, focus and texture on bass on sparkle on highs. Do not use with a crappy soundcard, you will definately hear the soundcard grainness.

TEAM HEAFIVE + HD595!!!!!

Sep 23, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #111 of 980
Is the 595 a good representation of the basic Senn sound signature?

Sep 23, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #112 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
Despite what everyone says about it not needing amplification, it really comes alive with a correctly matched amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

i totally agree with this statement. the first day i got my hd595 and plugged them into my corda aria, i was quite disappointed. they sounded really flat, veiled and lacking bass. that night i took them home and plugged them into my woo3. that was when they really came alive and showed their potential. i'm not sure if they just don't synergize well with the corda aria or if the corda aria just didn't have enough power but the hd595 just sound so much better with the woo3. i've not tried them out of an ipod but i think that with adequate amplification, they really are that good.

Sep 23, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #113 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek
Is the 595 a good representation of the basic Senn sound signature?

I don't think the 595s are a great representation of the Senn sound signature. They are more forward sounding. Something like the HD580s would be a better representation.

Sep 23, 2006 at 6:58 AM Post #114 of 980
just bought my self one and they are the best speaker/headphone audio output i have ever heard.
NO AMP!!!

Sep 28, 2006 at 1:28 PM Post #117 of 980
FIRST POST

Long time reader first time poster here.

Got lured into buying a proper amp after seeing what the fuss was about with the Corda HEADFIVE and so now, #415 is on its way to New Zealand
smily_headphones1.gif

I have yet to decide what cans to buy, it is a toss up between SR225 and the 595s, but I'm leaning towards the 595s due to all the good things that I've heard from here.

The main/home rig will be X-fi -> HEADFIVE -> 595.

Hope I like it
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #118 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman
FIRST POST

Got lured into buying a proper amp after seeing what the fuss was about with the Corda HEADFIVE and so now, #415 is on its way to New Zealand
smily_headphones1.gif

I have yet to decide what cans to buy, it is a toss up between SR225 and the 595s, but I'm leaning towards the 595s due to all the good things that I've heard from here.

Hope I like it
biggrin.gif

I love seeing New Zealanders here. Welcome to head-fi, sorry about the wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2006 at 5:03 PM Post #119 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman
FIRST POST

smily_headphones1.gif

Hope I like it
biggrin.gif

Hi Norman,

I am pretty new here as well, but I just got my headfive yesterday, and it pairs amazingly well with the 595. I also have the SR225, but did not get a chance to listen to it yet. I will let you know what I think. For what it is worth, I did a ton of research on amps that would pair well with both of my headphones, and there is nothing but high praise for both of these cans mating well with the Headfive. I don't think you could go wrong either way.

Sep 28, 2006 at 7:31 PM Post #120 of 980
About a week into owning them, the HD595s have definitely settled more, and the bass is a bit more responsive, as at the start I was using a lot of bass boost to compensate, and while that deepened and thickened the bass, it came at the cost of responsiveness.

Now, a week later the responsiveness has improved considerably, and the bass boost is being backed off gradually. Its changed the type of music I like as well, as I'm listening to more midrange vocal, piano, and guitar work which these things really excel at.

Biggest problem is that they make my source and amp look like a used Datsun at a Porsche dealership, and the Audigy's grainy sound is really comming through. Great investment headphone wise, but they're going to cost me in an amp and sound card upgrade...

In a couple more weeks I'll see if things continue to improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back