Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread
Mar 6, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #301 of 980
newbie here, just got my hd595 in on 3/2/07.. tested them on my 1st gen shuffle and computer.. they sound so much better than any of my other <$50 pair of headphones(also logitech wireless $150?).. i wonder how come i didn't find head-fi.com earlier.. these are my first 'hi-fi' headphones.. my other phones are nowhere close to these.. my zen vision:m is coming in on tuesday 3/5.
what do i do next? should i buy different pair to compare? suggestions?

what i was using before i found out bout head-fi
before.jpg

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #302 of 980
I'd suggest grabbing an amp that can feed alot of current into them, or getting a separate headphones for using on the go. That is - after you thoroughly enjoy hd595 in and out from all sides.
tongue.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #303 of 980
So there's an HD595 already cabled with an 8ft Cardas balanced Cable for 300$. Seeing as I don't have the materials nor the inclination to get an amp capable of running a balanced cable system I'm wondering how much I would be able to sell the cable for...This is all if I even decide to buy them however...

Thank you very much for any replies.

p.s is this even a good deal? They're brand new.

Mar 6, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #305 of 980
ok what would be considered on the go headphones? like closed?
what are some good (closed?) headphones for $50-100?? i dont like stuff in my ears so no iem.. or at least i dont think i do.
oh yeah, any suggestions for amp for $50-100?
thanks again ya'll for the input

Mar 6, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #306 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by jscanla2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok what would be considered on the go headphones? like closed?
what are some good (closed?) headphones for $50-100?? i dont like stuff in my ears so no iem.. or at least i dont think i do.
oh yeah, any suggestions for amp for $50-100?
thanks again ya'll for the input

It's hard to find good, cheap, closed headphones, so if you don't bother so much for them to be closed get a open one like px100, koss ksc75, PortaPro.

Mar 13, 2007 at 12:13 PM Post #307 of 980
I have been reading around and it looks like the Head Five seemed to be the amp of choice by many, but I don't think they are available anymore. So here's the big question...

What are people's suggestions for an amp below $300 for the 595's

confused.gif

Mar 13, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #308 of 980
My 595s arrived this morning, replacing my battered old 480IIs from way back. The difference is night and day. I love them to bits!
biggrin.gif
The only downside is that I had to get out of bed for the courier, but it was well worth it.

Mar 13, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #310 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My 595s arrived this morning, replacing my battered old 480IIs from way back. The difference is night and day. I love them to bits!
biggrin.gif
The only downside is that I had to get out of bed for the courier, but it was well worth it.

Open the door, scringe: "Is this more important than coffee!?" xD
Congrats, enjoy them plenty.

Mar 13, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #313 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhcp_kz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does anybody else think the hd595's are kind of flimsy? Mine feels so fragile when i try to adjust the headband

Back in the late 1970s, when I used to step everyone who came in looking for Koss Pro-4AAs up to the very lightweight all-plastic Sennheisser HD414s, I answered that question by twirling the 414s on the end of the cord like a lasso and then slamming them into the wall before handing them to the customer to listen.

Mar 13, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #314 of 980
How many wall-slams per pair? xD I am sure we could do this with ksc75, wouldn't do that to hd595, but it is not going to fall apart. I managed to cause driver damage by dropping them too much though.

Mar 13, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #315 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many wall-slams per pair?

I'm not recommending that people do that to headphones they actually paid money for! Just sayin' that it would be pretty hard to break the plastic headband on the HD-595s.

I like the way the headband adjuster works on the HD595. Really easy to adjust, stays put, nice positive feel.

Some of the "flimsiness" is designed into the headband and attachments to the cups -- so the cups can pivot front to back to fit your head.

I don't think I ever broke a pair of 414s. I did knock an earcup completely off the headband a few times. Just had to click it back on before handing it to the customer, explaining how easy it would be to replace an element while they waited if they ever needed service!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back