Sennheiser HD380 Pro vs. Sennheiser HD449
Dec 29, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #16 of 21
For a closed around the ear phone the AKG 271 isolate sound is quite good at -16 and the Fisher FA003 is -15 according to Inner Fidelity charts. Both are good. The Fisher comes with extra ear pads that are velvet for those hot summers. The AKG 271 seems to have a recessed mid-range as compared to the Fishers. Also the AKG ear pads do not pivot and puts more pressure on my upper neck which in turn muffle the sounds and I would have to bend the frame to get equal pressure on the top of the ear-pads vs the bottom of the ear-pad. This was the issue with the AKG 701 headphones that I tried at a RMAF show since I have a narrow head.

Jan 10, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #17 of 21
I just order a pair of sennheiser HD380 for $100. I have a fairly large head so the HD280 is out of the question. I really got use to the sennheiser sound signature. I have tried other brands, but I always find myself coming back to sennheiser's warm, dark, slower sound. I have a HD448 and find them very good for the price I got them for. They have a lot of details and a great forward and clear mid. However, the bass level is very neutral, and lack some mid bass for the thumpy feel. My biggest negative against it is the super thin cable.

Jan 10, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #18 of 21
Who sells the HD380 pro for $100???? Is it a used one at that price? I don't see it new for less than $150.

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
I just order a pair of sennheiser HD380 for $100. I have a fairly large head so the HD280 is out of the question. I really got use to the sennheiser sound signature. I have tried other brands, but I always find myself coming back to sennheiser's warm, dark, slower sound. I have a HD448 and find them very good for the price I got them for. They have a lot of details and a great forward and clear mid. However, the bass level is very neutral, and lack some mid bass for the thumpy feel. My biggest negative against it is the super thin cable.

That's an astoundingly low selling price for those phones.

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #20 of 21

Quote:
Who sells the HD380 pro for $100???? Is it a used one at that price? I don't see it new for less than $150.

I got them from dakmart.com. I know the website looks kinda scratchy, but it's sennheiser authorized refurbished seller. I also brought my IE8 from them and they are genuine and trust worthy.

Aug 2, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #21 of 21

Vm innovations has the 380s for $108.99 Factory refurbs. 5 percent off of that with coupon code "facebook". Free ship. The dakmart ones are "bstock". Vminnovations is also an authorized dealer.

Edit: Wow - did I really just reply to an 8 month old post? :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back