Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review
Feb 17, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #182 of 380
If you want HD25 vs Amperior, have a look at my in-depth comparison review: http://www.head-fi.org/t/704614/review-sennheiser-hd25-1-ii-vs-sennheiser-amperior-comparison-review/0_100

Well, here goes.

I swapped the drivers from the HD25s into the Amperiors, everything but the drivers was stock amperior. The first thing I noticed was the bass was nicely tight and controlled, and the mids really came out, but there was a nasty hint of sibilance and I cannot abide that. So I changed it up and had the stock HD25 cable with amperior everything else (drivers included), and that appears to have enlarged but bloated the bass, and the sibilance is only there on the most low-quality of tracks. I'm listening to that now. I'll update when I swap the HD25 drivers in w/ HD25 cable too.

UPDATE: So I changed it up to make a proper HD25Alu with HD25 cable and drivers, but Aluminium cups and joints, with the smooth velour pads of the Amperior, and I like it best like this. Bass is tight, treble is not sibilant as i put two foam discs between the driver and my ears, and I removed the white damping disc from behind the drivers, it seems to have opened the soundstage up a little but I'm not sure how much of that is placebo.

Thanks m8 great comparison. :)

Is the soundstage that better on the amperior (when compared to the hd25) of course.
To be honest i wouldnt mind a tiny more bass on the hd25, if the amperior has a bit more that seems great..... Is the confort much bettet than on the 25s? I only have the pleather pads because my hd25s are the basic edition. Also isolation between the pleather and the amperior pads?

As you the only thing that i am not liking very much is the thon cable since i also love the cable of the hd25s and also i am a bit scared that the metal cups will get scratches easily....

Sorry for the bother...

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #183 of 380
Thanks m8 great comparison. :)

Is the soundstage that better on the amperior (when compared to the hd25) of course.
To be honest i wouldnt mind a tiny more bass on the hd25, if the amperior has a bit more that seems great..... Is the confort much bettet than on the 25s? I only have the pleather pads because my hd25s are the basic edition. Also isolation between the pleather and the amperior pads?

As you the only thing that i am not liking very much is the thon cable since i also love the cable of the hd25s and also i am a bit scared that the metal cups will get scratches easily....

Sorry for the bother...

Hmm, I'd say the soundstage is a little better, wider at least if not much taller or deeper.

The amperior pads for me are the best of both worlds: the seal of the pleather with the comfort of the velour. So yes, they are more comfortable.

Yeah the cable is annoying but there are tonnes of aftermarket cables out there, as the cable is detachable.

No worries :)

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #184 of 380
Yeah the cable is annoying but there are tonnes of aftermarket cables out there, as the cable is detachable.

And anyway, if you already have the HD25 you can just transplant the cable as I did.

As for scratches I'm not exactly careful with mine and I haven't noticed any, but I've only had them a couple of weeks.

Feb 17, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #185 of 380
And anyway, if you already have the HD25 you can just transplant the cable as I did.

As for scratches I'm not exactly careful with mine and I haven't noticed any, but I've only had them a couple of weeks.

Cool.
The problem with the hd25 os that not only the soundstage is little but this combined with the thin pleather pads and the super tight clamp contributes to pain and a very very confining perception of music. Like its all in my nose and after a hour or so that stars to develop into a headache.... :-D

What about scratches on the cups? Easy to scratch?
The bass is much stronger than on the hd25 (something a bit closer to the over ear momentum?)?

Feb 17, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #186 of 380
Cool.
The problem with the hd25 os that not only the soundstage is little but this combined with the thin pleather pads and the super tight clamp contributes to pain and a very very confining perception of music. Like its all in my nose and after a hour or so that stars to develop into a headache.... :-D

What about scratches on the cups? Easy to scratch?
The bass is much stronger than on the hd25 (something a bit closer to the over ear momentum?)?

To be honest the Amperior are more like the HD25 than not, so chances are If you don't like one you won't like the other. That said, the Amperiors pads are nicer and they have less clamp, so it depends on the extent to which you don't mind a bit of ache after a while in oder to enjoy the music.

I just grabbed my pair, I had to press pretty hard with my stainless steel watch to even put a mark on them, so they seem pretty scratch proof to me.

The bass is a little stronger but more relaxed, and the overall tone is I'd say warmer and friendlier.

Feb 20, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #187 of 380
Still loving the HD25Alu.
I have spent some time with my IE800 as well and it beats the HD25 in detail and soundstage easily and I am glad it does - considering it's price tag. But the intimacy and exciting sound of the Alu is unique and stands out :)
They somehow have the same mid and treble presentation, I guess it's the Sennheiser sound. I think if someone likes the IE800, he could be very happy with the Alu as well and other way around.
I like this duo =)

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #188 of 380
hello guys

please someone say thing about  hd 25 aluminium vs hd 25 1-ii  

what are the different quality between both headphones? espicially  sound quality ... ( which one is better for sound ) 

I am a new user and my english not bad ... 
biggrin.gif

thanks

Mar 30, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #192 of 380
HiFiGuy528, I'm assuming that means the 25 can be run truly balanced from a capable amp, correct? Also, any differences in sound quality you've noticed from running them balanced? (I'm doubting it, given how easy they are to drive, but I'm curious nonetheless). 

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #194 of 380
what kind of material use this headphone?  ( ear pads)

velvet or what ? it looks comfortable I want to buy this

How can I buy  this ear pads ( hd25 aliminium )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back