sennheiser hd25-1ii questions
Sep 17, 2010 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

muddyglass

Head-Fier
i tried searching, but couldn't find the answers.

1) people mention flipping the driver cups upside down to use dual entry cables in the y shape. how exactly do you do this? i imagine you would unscrew the two side screws on the right, unplug the cables and then pull the cups down and off the plastic adjusting strip with force, but i'm afraid of breaking them at that last step.

2) do the velour pads isolate as well as the pleather? if not, then is it just a matter of breaking in the velour pads to get them to isolate as well?

thanks for your help.

Sep 17, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #2 of 4
This is just FWIR (I too yearn for a pair of HD25s):

1. They are completely user-serviceable. You can take off the earcups by unscrewing them from the headband. No force required.

2. The velours are supposed to be a bit less isolating than the pleather, but much more comfortable.

Sep 17, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #3 of 4
It's incredibly easy as long as you have the screwdriver to twist the screws off of the locking mechanism on the right.  Then you just pull the cups off the headband strip, turn it over, put in the cables, and put it back in flipped.

Velours are less isolating than the Pleathers, and it's noticeable.  Still not too horrible though.  As for comfort, I actually find the pleathers little more comforting for the ears pressure wise because the cushioned pads of the pleathers have much more "give" and is a bit softer.  Velours are less hot but feels a bit too hard on my ears.  YMMV.

Sep 17, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #4 of 4
thanks. i imagine that sound leakage would be significantly less with the pleather pads then. i should probably stick with those since i plan on using the hd25-1ii in libraries and don't wish to disturb others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back