Sennheiser HD 900... (?) Rumors
Aug 14, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #32 of 100
Damn,this makes me worried about getting the HD800 if it's the lowest model in the series...not that i can afford to anything more than the HD800 but it is still not something very encouraging to know
plus AKG are idiots for not releasing a new flagship...

Aug 14, 2009 at 9:33 AM Post #33 of 100
Isn't there also a rumour that AKG is brewing something for next CES ?

Beside what's exactly wrong with HD800 that they need even a higher end dynamic model. Is it not crafted for perfection
smily_headphones1.gif
?

Aug 14, 2009 at 9:56 AM Post #35 of 100
Wonder if there Is someone from senny that could tell if it is currently only rumors or if there is going to be another higher-end phone

Aug 14, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #38 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beside what's exactly wrong with HD800 that they need even a higher end dynamic model. Is it not crafted for perfection
smily_headphones1.gif
?

My thoughts also. If they go for higher end dynamic they'll proclaim themselves for greedy bastards.

Aug 14, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #39 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My thoughts also. If they go for higher end dynamic they'll proclaim themselves for greedy bastards.

At $1,400 and with no discounts aren't they already?
wink.gif

Aug 14, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #41 of 100
and it have an MSRP of $2800...the new price point for super premium cans.

Brings to mind an analogy from the cigar subculture...the only difference between a $1 cigar and a $10 cigar is the marketing cost.

Aug 14, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #42 of 100
There will be a trade show in Berlin, Germany in September which is comparable to CES. The IFA (Internationale Funkausstellung) might be a platform for Sennheiser to announce new products.

I guess there will be a midrange line using the ring radiator sooner or later. I cannot see any point in pissing off the early buyers of a flagship product like the HD800 by announcing a successor or a superior model so soon.

If driver and construction of the HD800 are what Sennheiser told us, it would be tough to do better. If they are not - well, then they fooled us all.

Having owned the HE60 for quite a while I feel the HD800 more than matches its sonic qualities. It's sort of HE60 plus decent bass, resolution being on par, but that might be attributed to my old ears.

The HE90 was demonstrated side by side with the HD800 by Sennheiser at the highend trade show in Munich, Germany. Maybe some of its magic can be attributed to the price tag and to the fact that it is not available anymore.

I do not believe they will take the stat route once more. While this is ok to make a statement, it does not make too much sense if they want to use the technology in a wide range of products. And this is what their new driver can easily be used for.

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #43 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... and for those of you in the know, please don't rake me over the coals here, but I too am hoping for an upgraded headphone without so much p******.

do you even own any headphones?

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #44 of 100
The HD-900 will cure cancer, bring world peace, and create cold fusion! You also won't need your "Extenz" any more! Seriously, I think the above post by jherbert says it all. Now what about that Obama birth certificate?

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #45 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankCooter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD-900 will cure cancer, bring world peace, and create cold fusion! You also won't need your "Extenz" any more! Seriously, I think the above post by jherbert says it all. Now what about that Obama birth certificate?

Which certificate, the fake on with "Hawaii" on it or the real one from Kenya?
icon10.gif

You've gotta admit, it's funny how people don't understand marketing, business development, ecomonics, etc. at all. But this is true on every forum. As soon as Nikon comes out with the D700, people start predicting the D800. This lasts for years. Here, people were predicting the HD700 for years, and now they will start with the HD900 babble.

Can you imagine what happens to Senn's reputation if they come out with a better version of the HD800 within a few months or ever a couple years? It's the same reason why AKG has not come out with a new top of the line headphone, the same reason that HD650 reigned supreme in Senn's line for so many years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back