SENNHEISER HD-800 vs ULTRASONE ED-8
Jul 17, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #46 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by tangerinedream /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see here exactly the problem.It's easy to put a headphone like a Sennheiser HD-800 on your head it's like a comfortable hat.I was NOT over enthusiasted about the first listening days with ED-8 but understanding and hearing and experience opened the greatness factor here.Take the phone for testing at least couple days you will be astonished thats for sure.

So you got banned and then made a new account?

Hurr, IBTL.

Jul 17, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #47 of 55
No reason the thread should be locked would it. Or would you call this thread flamebait lol.

But you say all those that initially favoured Hd 800 in a few days favoured The Ed 8?

Jul 17, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #48 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by tangerine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am a happy owner of both headphones and enjoy both of them.Maybe the ED-8 shows more colour but doesnt have lets say the authority over music as Senn has. My head is shaking more with the ED-8 wich is related to the rhythm of that headphone. The Senns seems to more academic or serious. Clearly there will be people who prefer one of these.

I will continue later on my foundings…this so far.

Absolutely beautiful review! Thanks, tangerine! Your observations of the HD800 match mine perfectly. I've never heard the ED-8, but I feel I know it well via your comparison.

I'm like you -- I like both the analytical and the warm and keep different cans and equipment to enjoy both.

I'm looking forward to your additional observations.

Jul 17, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #49 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No reason the thread should be locked would it. Or would you call this thread flamebait lol.

But you say all those that initially favoured Hd 800 in a few days favoured The Ed 8?

Tangerine can speak for himself, but I thought I'd respond. No, he's not saying that at all. He is saying, though, that with prolonged listening time, the Ed8 can grow on you.

Jul 17, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #50 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by feifan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tangerine can speak for himself, but I thought I'd respond. No, he's not saying that at all. He is saying, though, that with prolonged listening time, the Ed8 can grow on you.

He did say that. I quote "At the end of the auditions all of us preferred the ED-8.".

And he mentioned earlier that on first listen everybody preferred the HD 800. Either they aren´t all that different which would allow such a swing or the Ed 8 is brainwashing people
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #51 of 55
I had to say that Ultrasone is not my type of cans- I've tried HFI780 so many times and never did like it. But ED8 is soooo different. They are smooth and lush. Then I asked to try the ED9 and well.. the Ultrasone bitterness is there, very similar to the 780s. I gotta spend more time with the ED8 so I can give better impressions.

Sep 6, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #53 of 55
My AKG 701's are zero good for late listening in the house. I'm really thinking about the Ultrasone 8's and selling the AKG's and my HeadRoom Home amp and buying the Ultra's in balanced and a bal amp too. HeadRoom or a GS 1 Head Amp. Or skip that and get a Grace or that new King Rex.

Thoughts? Thanks

Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back