Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Dec 6, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #7,126 of 9,329
Dec 6, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #7,128 of 9,329
I own both, and yeah, the QP1R has no problems driving the HD700. The QP1R IMO does well even with harder to drive headphones than the HD700.
Yes they do my HE 400's well.

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #7,129 of 9,329
Eyeballing them HD800S's, but man I'm seriously impressed at the 700s at every turn.

J Cole's 4 Your Eyez Only sounds fantastic.

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #7,130 of 9,329
Hi all 
smily_headphones1.gif

Was skeptical given all the flak these headphones receive, and being somewhat treble sensitive, but tried them along with some others at my local best buy. Was smitten but didn't have the cash, few weeks later I'm a proud owner. Been using them for 3 weeks now and I'm still quite happy. The soundstage and layering is fantastic, very happy I picked these up. Strangely I may prefer a solid state amp for these, but I want to give a more thorough and side-by-side test before I say for sure. Glad to be part of the club

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #7,131 of 9,329
  Hi all 
smily_headphones1.gif

Was skeptical given all the flak these headphones receive, and being somewhat treble sensitive, but tried them along with some others at my local best buy. Was smitten but didn't have the cash, few weeks later I'm a proud owner. Been using them for 3 weeks now and I'm still quite happy. The soundstage and layering is fantastic, very happy I picked these up. Strangely I may prefer a solid state amp for these, but I want to give a more thorough and side-by-side test before I say for sure. Glad to be part of the club

Welcome to the I-actually-form-my-own-opinions club!

Dec 10, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #7,133 of 9,329
Hey, may I join the club?

Got my HD700 for one week now and I'm loving it! Sometimes it can sound a bit harsh but for that I got a few other headphones :D

Where the HD700 shines is IMHO songs with some beat and some bass like Daftpunk or Fat Freddys Drop.
Also I really like it with Piano music.

I can't understand all the hate about it, think its woth every penny (420€ here in Germany).

But the cable...

Dec 10, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #7,134 of 9,329

Got my HD700 for one week now and I'm loving it! Sometimes it can sound a bit harsh but for that I got a few other headphones :D

Where the HD700 shines is IMHO songs with some beat and some bass like Daftpunk or Fat Freddys Drop.

I can't understand all the hate about it, think its woth every penny (420€ here in Germany).

But the cable...

The cable is kinky, lol.  Just get a cheap one from Amazon or if you want some nice looking ones Forza, Double-Helix, Nordost, Moon Audio, Toxic Cables and a few other cable makers can assist in removing funds from your wallet.

Dec 10, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #7,136 of 9,329

But the cable...

The harsh sound is easily tamed with the right amp. Hell even my Dragonfly works.  I deadass don't know why these things get the hate they do. I suspect either there was a quiet revision a while ago, people are listening to them on oddly bright equipment, or a lot of people are just parroting something they heard someone else say.

Dec 10, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #7,138 of 9,329
A proper Headamp is definitely the next thing I'm going to buy. Anyone tried a LittleDot with the HD 700 ?
A Bottlehead Crack is fantastic with the 700's as is my Kenzie and Liquid Carbon.

Dec 10, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #7,139 of 9,329

The harsh sound is easily tamed with the right amp. Hell even my Dragonfly works.  I deadass don't know why these things get the hate they do. I suspect either there was a quiet revision a while ago, people are listening to them on oddly bright equipment, or a lot of people are just parroting something they heard someone else say.

HD700 or Nighthawk? 
smile.gif

Dec 10, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #7,140 of 9,329

HD700 or Nighthawk? 
smile.gif

Do you like bright or dark.

If you like bright the HD700, if dark then Nighthawk.

Both are good cans...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back