Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Apr 23, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #6,152 of 9,329
Don't forget about the Amazon warehouse deals either. I got mine for 330 earlier this week... The only thing I can find wrong is the corner on the clamshell box s dinged.:grinning::thumbsup:

Originally I thought maybe the cable was a little goofy. But I'm told it tangles easily?

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #6,153 of 9,329
Yea it does and it get annoying at times when you have to undo the tangle.

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #6,154 of 9,329
Don't forget about the Amazon warehouse deals either. I got mine for 330 earlier this week... The only thing I can find wrong is the corner on the clamshell box s dinged.:grinning::thumbsup:

Originally I thought maybe the cable was a little goofy. But I'm told it tangles easily?

HD-700 cable is one of the worst, tangles/kinks easy, tried many ways to get it straightened out, hair dryer, heat gun, hanging with a weight for a month, no luck.

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #6,155 of 9,329
I have no single issue with the cable. It is too long, but I just coiled and tied it up next to the amp.

One interesting question which I want to ask guys here is - how do you keep your headphones clean? Or you just sell them
tongue_smile.gif

I have some fears that the silver thing will get dusty after time and I won't be able to clean it up - so many little holes there. Also these pads looks fragile of solutions (maybe soap water?).

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #6,156 of 9,329
  I have no single issue with the cable. It is too long, but I just coiled and tied it up next to the amp.

One interesting question which I want to ask guys here is - how do you keep your headphones clean? Or you just sell them
tongue_smile.gif

I have some fears that the silver thing will get dusty after time and I won't be able to clean it up - so many little holes there. Also these pads looks fragile of solutions (maybe soap water?).

If you want a shorter cable Ebay/Amazon has many choices

My headphones are all left out hanging on a rack in my living room, never had problems with dust, see picture:

You can wash the pads and over time you can get replacements, not cheap.  For me after a year and a half the pads still look new, seem very durable.

Apr 23, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #6,160 of 9,329

HD-700 cable is one of the worst, tangles/kinks easy, tried many ways to get it straightened out, hair dryer, heat gun, hanging with a weight for a month, no luck.

With those scary snakes disguised as cables that hang from both my HD700 and HD800S, they are both very much at home here in the desert )))

Apr 24, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #6,162 of 9,329
  If you want a shorter cable Ebay/Amazon has many choices

My headphones are all left out hanging on a rack in my living room, never had problems with dust, see picture:

You can wash the pads and over time you can get replacements, not cheap.  For me after a year and a half the pads still look new, seem very durable.

Dang! Do you have a rotation schedule or something, so that you can get all of those phones in? :) I admire your collection.

On a side note, your couch look ultra comfy...

Apr 24, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #6,163 of 9,329

Dang! Do you have a rotation schedule or something, so that you can get all of those phones in? :) I admire your collection.

On a side note, your couch look ultra comfy...

No rotation schedule, usually just pick what I feel like listening to.  There are a few more in the bedroom and also a few that we have on the lanai

Couch is really comfy, and it also reclines and is just perfect for 2
wink_face.gif

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #6,164 of 9,329
  No rotation schedule, usually just pick what I feel like listening to.  There are a few more in the bedroom and also a few that we have on the lanai

Couch is really comfy, and it also reclines and is just perfect for 2
wink_face.gif

So, why do you have more than 2 wine glasses, which I see covered to keep out the dust... 
wink_face.gif

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #6,165 of 9,329

So, why do you have more than 2 wine glasses, which I see covered to keep out the dust... 
wink_face.gif

The towel that is covering the wine glasses is there to dry out, its a microfiber towel that dries the glasses really well, not really need for dust issues.  Also, the glasses get used almost every day
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back