Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
May 7, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #3,706 of 9,326
It sounds duller because the spray has clogged up some of the holes/pores in the mesh, therefore the mesh would not be as acoustically transparent as it should be.

May 7, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #3,707 of 9,326
  Because sennheiser didn't gave me the looks for the HD700... so i gave the HD700 myself.
I think the spray *might* have seeked into driver unit though, the hd700 sorta lost the clarity and became more bassy..

May 7, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #3,709 of 9,326
Gotcha. So i clogged up the micro-holes when painted the silver mesh.
Yeah when i took apart the 700 and listened to it with some distance from ear, it gave me clarity with less bass punchies
(The normal treblespike 700).
Thanks for the solutions guys, this helped me a bunch :D
(And no im not gonna sell these, though i might look into beyer when i do some demos on DTs)
This explains why there was gold sprays INSIDE the silver mesh (the chamber) when i sprayed with gold.. Clever design, I should say.

May 7, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #3,710 of 9,326
Gotcha. So i clogged up the micro-holes when painted the silver mesh.
Yeah when i took apart the 700 and listened to it with some distance from ear, it gave me clarity with less bass punchies
(The normal treblespike 700).
Thanks for the solutions guys, this helped me a bunch
biggrin.gif

(And no im not gonna sell these, though i might look into beyer when i do some demos on DTs)
This explains why there was gold sprays INSIDE the silver mesh (the chamber) when i sprayed with gold.. Clever design, I should say.

You're taking all this very well, I have to admit lol. Kudos :)

May 7, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #3,711 of 9,326
I just removed all of the gold sprays inside the chamber on silver mesh.
Soundstage is normal now, and clarity was greatly improved.
(Im not sure of these, but I can't hear much of those treble spikes aswell. Updates will be posted throughout the day.

May 7, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #3,712 of 9,326
Sorry Barra, and D4NGER BIRD. When I was at Bottlehead for the headphone meet I was not aware there was a second floor available for listening to stuff. I did not have a chance to listen to the HD700 with the Bottlehead Crack. I did get a chance to demo two HD800's, including one with my Vali which sounds excellent! I liked it so much that I just had to buy one. Found a fantastic deal on one!

Sadly, this means I will be leaving you bunch of people. You were the first group of people I actively participated with on Head-Fi, and it will not be forgotten! I appreciate all the good times, even if it was short. Put my HD700 up for sale for quite a low amount if anyone is interested. Figured I could pass on the savings I got for my HD800.

As for the gold HD700, that looked pretty cool on the thumbnail until I zoomed in. Oh my. 

May 7, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #3,714 of 9,326
I will have to spray those case (which is detachable) again... Along with the cable. :-/
I did a horrible spray job even though that was the first time. Lol

May 7, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #3,716 of 9,326
I just wanted to change the looks. Lol i would have been throwing bricks to amazon if they sold me a scratched HD700.
Im trying to dapen the drivers see if i can get little bit more darker feelings of 650.

May 7, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #3,717 of 9,326
 I just noticed that one part where the headband should connect to the right earcup doesn't click in.  It's very loose and pops out easily.  The outer piece of the cup doesn't seem securely fastened at the same location either.

Quote:

Could you please post a picture to illustrate your problem, because I do not exactly understand what you are saying.

Sorry, I'm a new member and apparently I don't have the ability to post photos yet :frowning2:

May 7, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #3,718 of 9,326
May 7, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #3,719 of 9,326

Users who are viewing this thread

Back