Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Mar 17, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #3,136 of 9,320
I never expected this kind of sound from a pair of headphones! I own HD 700 for 1 year now and I am more than amazed by the clarity of the sound.

Before buying HD 700 I would never consider spending 1k on headphones, but I am really thinking of buying HD 800 now.

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #3,137 of 9,320
  The midrange for vocals sound way different between the two to me. Was this the case for you too?

The vocals are fine, there is some adjustment needed because the instrument separation and soundstage seemed "weird" coming from the Philips, but I would never classify those as worst, just like you said, different.

That said if I the X2 weighted 100g less I would probably prefer to have the less revealing and more fun can.
But I can't go back from the ridicolous comfort of the HD700, I'd rather go through a bunch of different Amps first.

P.S. I do miss the X2 a lot! Good thing they're out of stock everywhere.

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #3,138 of 9,320
  I never expected this kind of sound from a pair of headphones! I own HD 700 for 1 year now and I am more than amazed by the clarity of the sound.

Before buying HD 700 I would never consider spending 1k on headphones, but I am really thinking of buying HD 800 now.

If you're willing to spend that much money on headphones, you really have a lot of really good options. Shop around and check out some of the other really good options. 

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #3,139 of 9,320
To remove the cables do I just have to twist them or also push them inside first? Having a bit of trouble.

Mar 18, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #3,142 of 9,320
I just pull them straight out, no twisting needed.

Had my HD700s for just over a week now. The treble no longer bothers me at all and they just sound amazing. I wish there was a bit more bass impact but that's about it really. The detail retrieval is several steps above anything else I have.

Love how this song sounds on them, they really make the guitar bite

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #3,143 of 9,320
​In doubt for a long time whether to take the HD700 or the HD 800, especially to hear classic.

​I read reviews headset of all types, erudite and fussy, but having also amplify them properly I preferred the HD800 and HD700 to stay within the budget.

Sennheiser HD 700 is a traditional headset that has exceeded my expectations of listening.

wink_face.gif
wink_face.gif

Mar 19, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #3,144 of 9,320
  ​In doubt for a long time whether to take the HD700 or the HD 800, especially to hear classic.

​I read reviews headset of all types, erudite and fussy, but having also amplify them properly I preferred the HD800 and HD700 to stay within the budget.

Sennheiser HD 700 is a traditional headset that has exceeded my expectations of listening.

wink_face.gif
wink_face.gif

If you listen to mainly classical, HD800 all the way: the soundstage is worth the price of admission. If you listen to a wide range of music, I reckon the HD700 is the way to go: its detail, while downgraded from the HD800, is sufficient for most purposes while insufficient enough to make more mediocre recordings absolutely dreadful.

On the plus side, 3 weeks in. I actually miss the hot treble when using other headphones.

Mar 19, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #3,145 of 9,320
Hi my name is Michael I am interested in buying some good headphones, I have looked at many different brands but I'll use listen to my iPhone so I had to discard several options as sennheiser HD 650 and several of this range for what i want've seen many forums aimed at the sennheiser momentum ivory 2 wireless but really the style I do not like it I have 20 years and I listen to music whit bass or moved ( salsa,reggae,rap,electronic) and only sometimes a little ballad or songs with more acute, I wonder if I can advise some not matter much the price I liked quite the B&O H8 and also pleasing me sennheiser Urbanite XL wireless and ATH - m50x or I can use the sennheiser HD Dj8 have tod me they are very good but I don't know so much potential can them on a iPhone or Mac whit advise me or if any better have good bass and clear sound for music I listen ? Thank you very much

Mar 19, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #3,146 of 9,320
Hi my name is Michael I am interested in buying some good headphones, I have looked at many different brands but I'll use listen to my iPhone so I had to discard several options as sennheiser HD 650 and several of this range for what i want've seen many forums aimed at the sennheiser momentum ivory 2 wireless but really the style I do not like it I have 20 years and I listen to music whit bass or moved ( salsa,reggae,rap,electronic) and only sometimes a little ballad or songs with more acute, I wonder if I can advise some not matter much the price I liked quite the B&O H8 and also pleasing me sennheiser Urbanite XL wireless and ATH - m50x or I can use the sennheiser HD Dj8 have tod me they are very good but I don't know so much potential can them on a iPhone or Mac whit advise me or if any better have good bass and clear sound for music I listen ? Thank you very much

Mar 19, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #3,147 of 9,320

The HD700's are more or less the complete opposite of what you want. If you want more bassy stuff, check out this thread. I won't be surprised if you don't like the HD700 at all if you try them out.

Mar 19, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #3,148 of 9,320
  ​In doubt for a long time ..............

wink_face.gif
wink_face.gif

Glad someone else feels the same way....although I'd say they are anything but traditional as IMHO Sennheiser 's R&D have got it right this time..but...... there are many that would disagree....just ignore them and enjoy the music.
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #3,150 of 9,320
  Glad someone else feels the same way....although I'd say they are anything but traditional as IMHO Sennheiser 's R&D have got it right this time..but...... there are many that would disagree....just ignore them and enjoy the music.
wink.gif

I'm with you, I enjoy listening to the HD-700 for almost any type of music, but i'll still keep my others for when my mood feels like something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back