Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Jul 14, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #61 of 9,320
I've just started putting the IsoTek CD on repeat, and stick the 700's in their case and go to bed.  They sit on the IsoTek CD until I get home from work the next day, on moderate volume.  Heh, if I'm not listening to them, they'll be burning in. 
o2smile.gif

I'll keep this up for I guess as long as I need to or until (god forbid) my ears become "used" to them.  Thanks All.

Steve

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #62 of 9,320
The HELL with it.  I'm sending the 700's back.  I just ordered my replacement 800's.

Jul 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #63 of 9,320
The HELL with it.  I'm sending the 700's back.  I just ordered my replacement 800's.

Smart move, the 700s don't hold a candle to the HD800s.

Jul 15, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #64 of 9,320
confused_face.gif
  Someone in the house laid down the law to me last night.

Needless to say, I will cancel the HD800's, and I will keep the 700's.

Steve

Jul 17, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #66 of 9,320
Well, cooler heads have prevailed.  I will get my HD800's. 
darthsmile.gif

Love you Jim!!!

Jul 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #67 of 9,320
If anyone EQ's their HD700 with iTunes, can you please post a pic of your EQ? Much appreciated, M.

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #68 of 9,320
another owner of a pair of HD 700 here.

Prior to this i haven't had or listened to any headphones of this caliber so i cant make that many comparisons.

A pair of Sennheiser HD212pro's were the latest thing i had.

The 700's have noticeably more clarity, in songs where i previously had trouble parsing out just what they were actually singing, i can now hear the vocals much clearer, i haven't had time to listen to that much yet. ( only had them a couple of days ) but sabatons new Carolus Rex album has some tracks where the difference is evident, for example.

Sense of direction is also improved.
Bass is however reduced. But i have a feeling that the 212's really excelled there.

It could also be that my xonar essence ST sound card that i am using to drive the headphones is less suited to power the 700's.

That's about it for now.

But i got to ask you other 700 owners, cause i seem to have a funky issue with my ear pads.
they don't seem to fit properly to the cups themselves. so if i adjust the headphones, or just move my jaw a little, they sometimes snap in or out of position and that creates a clicking sound.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Jul 24, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #69 of 9,320
Quote:
But i got to ask you other 700 owners, cause i seem to have a funky issue with my ear pads.
they don't seem to fit properly to the cups themselves. so if i adjust the headphones, or just move my jaw a little, they sometimes snap in or out of position and that creates a clicking sound.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Nope, sorry.  And I've had my pads on and off a few times.  They stay put.  Maybe take them off and look and see what's up, then give em a nice firm reattachment.  To take them off you gotta get in there on the inside and feel the plastic ring and somewhat gently pull on that and the clips let go.  Pretty easy.  Maybe when you put them back on, start at that spot?

Jul 24, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #70 of 9,320
Yeah, after i noticed that they had a poor fit I've refitted them a couple of times but still no luck.
Made sure all the hooks are properly in place as well.

Guess I'll go down to the store and if they have any recommendations on the matter.

Jul 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #72 of 9,320
Quote:
Smart move, the 700s don't hold a candle to the HD800s.

Not that I don't agree with you, being an HD800 owner, but...isn't this the "Appreciation Thread"?

Seriously I hate seeing all the hating in Appreciation Threads nowadays. It's happening everywhere.

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #74 of 9,320
Check if the dust protector has been placed correctly. You may also want to compare if the ear pad fits nicely when the dust protector has been removed. 

Quote:
Yeah, after i noticed that they had a poor fit I've refitted them a couple of times but still no luck.
Made sure all the hooks are properly in place as well.

Guess I'll go down to the store and if they have any recommendations on the matter.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jul 25, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #75 of 9,320
Quote:
Maybe the cup foam is not in place properly?  

don't think im following you here. the only foam'ish material i have is on the most outer and removable part, the velour pads. And those are fixed ( at least i think they are ) to the part i was discussing earlier

Quote:
Check if the dust protector has been placed correctly. You may also want to compare if the ear pad fits nicely when the dust protector has been removed. 

i'll have a look at that.
i did push down on it to check if it wasnt in place, but i haven't removed it completely yet.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back