Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Apr 30, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #3,631 of 9,329
Looks really good. HD800-esque! I think the dimmer lighting doesn't show off the blue much. 

So, when can we start sending you our HD700s? :wink_face:  :wink_face:  :wink_face:

Yeah it does! Black HD800s would look pretty awesome too.

Whenever you want. Haha

Apr 30, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #3,632 of 9,329

Looks really good. HD800-esque! I think the dimmer lighting doesn't show off the blue much. 

So, when can we start sending you our HD700s? 
wink_face.gif

wink_face.gif

wink_face.gif

Yeah it does! Black HD800s would look pretty awesome too.

Whenever you want. Haha

Wait.. no no ... you gotta send them back after! 

May 1, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #3,634 of 9,329
  I tried to get a couple really close up shots to show the blue-ish green metallic in the paint. It's subtle.

Hey cCasper TFG,

l just wanted to say that l don't doubt your just painted HD-700 must look awesome in reality but, to be honest, l can hardly tell given the pictures. l mean, in the picts they don't look great to me... l'm sorry to say budd... Again, l am sure in reality they must be amazing... Could you send a few clearer pictures? l have an IPS monitor and l set it to sRGB to watch the picts...

Or maybe it's just that @mathi8vadhanan did such an awesome Photoshop job, that it's now hard to live up to it... 
wink.gif

By the way, can anybody tell me how to do that 'warning: spoiler!' thing?  

May 1, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #3,635 of 9,329
Sorry man, I may have some moderately expensive headphones but I only have a Sony WX150 as a camera. I do what I can with what I have in that department, I should be getting a decent Nikon this year though. Looks like you'll just have to drop down to an average monitor or lower your expectations to appreciate the pics. Sorry!

May 1, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #3,636 of 9,329
Sorry man, I may have some moderately expensive headphones but I only have a Sony WX150 as a camera. I do what I can with what I have in that department, I should be getting a decent Nikon this year though. Looks like you'll just have to drop down to an average monitor or lower your expectations to appreciate the pics. Sorry!

No, l'm sorry mate! l'm sorry l cannot appreciate your efforts! As l said, l am sure they look fantastic in reality! lt's just that those pictures do not let me appreciate your job 
frown.gif

May 1, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #3,637 of 9,329
I have to agree about the 700's pics. But @cCasper TFG has done many paint mods for me, and always sends me the pics they look meh.  But the end result has always been awesome
after I get them back home. I for one will be sending my HD700's in for the custom paint. I won't let anyone else do my mods whether it is a paint job or a cable mod.

Charlie.... ♫

May 1, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #3,638 of 9,329
I'll see if I can find some better back drop materials in white or grey. Part of the issue could be taking pictures of black stuff with a black backdrop.

It's no problem man, I can't expect to have the best pictures with that camera, I literally paid $40 for it when someone here on headfi had it for sale. Hahaha

May 2, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #3,639 of 9,329
  You know whatever I issues I had with the HD 700, well at AXPONA I fell in love with the Woo Audio WA7 for my HD 700. Man that amp just changed the HD 700:

Sibilance: Tamed
Treble: Tamed
Bass: Even more gorgeous
Rock music: Finally brought to life
Vocals and acoustic: Even more 3D

I...need...it!!! I highly recommend testing out the HD 700 with a tube amp, especially the Woo Audio if you can find a demo or afford it. But God...gotta go on eBay now and look for things to sell :frowning2: Bye bye steelbooks

Creative Soundblaster ZxR Integrated headphone amp and my Sony STR-DH740 receiver. There is some sibilance especially for certain singers. And cymbals also exhibited some leanness with high treble.

The WA7 fixed all that.

Good to see you've come around and now realize that a good amp which pairs well with HD700, does in fact make a noticeable difference. 
wink.gif

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=75478937&postcount=6

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=75502775&postcount=109

Good luck saving up for WA7. Wish I could drop $800+ on that thing but I doubt that will happen. 

May 2, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #3,640 of 9,329
I'll see if I can find some better back drop materials in white or grey. Part of the issue could be taking pictures of black stuff with a black backdrop.

It's no problem man, I can't expect to have the best pictures with that camera, I literally paid $40 for it when someone here on headfi had it for sale. Hahaha

I think you tried to take the best pictures with that crappy camera. It just didn't come out that great and doesn't do your paintjob justice, like you said.

Take some of the budget out of your audio gear purchases and invest in a decent camera. 
tongue_smile.gif

May 2, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #3,641 of 9,329

I have always liked my HD700s but recognize that for some there can be sibilance  on occasion..  I have been using a 6SN7 to 6080/ 5998 output tube amps by the defunct Singlepower, but defunct or not, it sounds very, very good.  I am also older and having been an "audio -person-phile" my whole life., have abused my hearing and probably suffer some hearing loss.  It is well known that you lose the treble hearing in a very predictable way starting earlier than you might hope.
Just to see if the amp is really the responsible element I bought a little, single 12AU7, Bravo Audio amp, and indeed it doesn't sound as good but not as terrible as I would have predicted.  This sadly reinforces my hearing issues, but I immediately subbed a 1959 Amperex 7316 for the stock tube which helped also. (I have been a tube collector for 15 years+.)
I am happy with the music I hear even if if it is typical of a 56 y.o. man. who came of age in the era of Rock.

May 3, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #3,642 of 9,329
I'm using my HD700 through my DacMagic and Bottlehead Crack and man, texture! Before this I thought the AD2000 was the most textured headphone driver I had heard, but these put it to shame. I'm really enjoying EDM at the moment. The great thing about these is they can sound very good in all genres, have this awesome low-mid texture, and are still pretty forgiving to some of my crappier tracks. 

Anyone else running these off a Crack?

May 3, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #3,644 of 9,329
  I'm using my HD700 through my DacMagic and Bottlehead Crack and man, texture! Before this I thought the AD2000 was the most textured headphone driver I had heard, but these put it to shame. I'm really enjoying EDM at the moment. The great thing about these is they can sound very good in all genres, have this awesome low-mid texture, and are still pretty forgiving to some of my crappier tracks. 

Anyone else running these off a Crack?

I honestly think the bass on the HD 700 is some of the best I have ever heard. Its hard, lean, and packs a wallop. Great for EDM!

May 3, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #3,645 of 9,329
  I honestly think the bass on the HD 700 is some of the best I have ever heard. Its hard, lean, and packs a wallop. Great for EDM!

I'm with you man. I've had some basshead cans in the past, Luke Skybeyer (Premium Darth), DT770 80 ohm, DT990, D2000, D2000 with deeper wood cups, Q40, SD-3... but nothing can come close to this accuracy. You wouldn't really expect them to reach quite as low as they do without having a cup behind the driver, but they do it and do it well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back