Sennheiser HD 660S2 thread
Dec 12, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #5,716 of 6,714
I am enjoying these today with the foam out. The mids are a bit more forward and the bass is sharper. I had been finding the bass a little muffled or soft. This is much better, for my tastes.

You should follow what some of us are doing :)
Stretch a piece of nylon over the drivers, then snap the earpads back on while the nylon is stretched. Stretch the nylon again with one hand, then use scissors to cut as close as possible to the earpads, the nylon will retract into the earpads and disappear. The nylon makes the S2 feel like a premium headphone if you have ears that touch the drivers.

Dec 12, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #5,717 of 6,714
You should follow what some of us are doing :)
Stretch a piece of nylon over the drivers, then snap the earpads back on while the nylon is stretched. Stretch the nylon again with one hand, then use scissors to cut as close as possible to the earpads, the nylon will retract into the earpads and disappear. The nylon makes the S2 feel like a premium headphone if you have ears that touch the drivers.
That's what I did. Or did you do something different?

IMG_20231206_131748513.jpg

Dec 13, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #5,719 of 6,714
i am curious how well the s2 would hold up against higher end dynamics or even planers? heard some just stay with the s2 since they are so easy going and comfortable

the s2 is my first high end sennheiser and i love them after i manged to loose the headband. i just love how well balanced the midrange is

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #5,720 of 6,714
i am curious how well the s2 would hold up against higher end dynamics or even planers? heard some just stay with the s2 since they are so easy going and comfortable

the s2 is my first high end sennheiser and i love them after i manged to loose the headband. i just love how well balanced the midrange is

I have a few headphones, the S2 is pretty much daily driver when at the PC so yeah something is done right, can't say it's absolute better than this or that but it's good

Dec 14, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #5,722 of 6,714
That's exactly what we're doing :)
Sorry I misunderstood, thought you were wearing them with bare-open drivers
I have a question. I'm listening to my 660s2 with no lining between the drivers and my ears. I've not had any issues with this setup. (So far). What are the risks of not covering with anything?

Thanks!

Dec 14, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #5,723 of 6,714
Dec 14, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #5,724 of 6,714
I have a question. I'm listening to my 660s2 with no lining between the drivers and my ears. I've not had any issues with this setup. (So far). What are the risks of not covering with anything?

Thanks!
Hair, sweat, dust get on the drivers / coils …

Dec 14, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #5,726 of 6,714
Dec 14, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #5,728 of 6,714
Dec 14, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #5,730 of 6,714
I think they’re out of the clampy phase now. And my S1 didn’t get to me like this during the clampy stage so it’s something else bothering me. It’s something about how they present sound that bothers my ears as it’s different from the clamp discomfort.

It’s not that it’s too much bass, I have bassier headphones that cause no issues, but my ears aren’t at ease with their sound some reason. I say pressure because it feels like an uncomfortable pressure. I tend to listen at moderate-low to moderate levels so not me listening too loud.
I am unfortunately finding the same thing. There's just something iterating /fatiguing which my 600's did not have. Plus the head clamp on these is too much - I'm about a month in and still get a sore jaw - I flex them every time prior to wearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back