Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions
May 13, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #136 of 737
No removable cable,
Right-side cable entry,
Seem to be quite heavy,
Bass levels,
costs $500+

Yikes...
Recently tested the Momentum 2.0 and those were quite an improvement in terms of sound + comfort over their first generation. Liked the momentum on-ears and of course, the HD6xx are just classic but these?!?! Just by having a Right-side cable entry only makes it almost a no-go for me. If a tour is made, I'd try them but I'm definitely not spending any $$$ unless the price dips by a whole lot. Too much competition on this price bracket for "on the go" headphones. From Alpha Dogs to newcomers Master and Dynamics to ADL H128, and even the Kennerton Magister with the Promotion they are running right now, etc... it's definitely fighting an up-hill battle me-thinks...

Will wait for more impressions... as of now I call it "meh" in everything but sound department!

May 13, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #137 of 737
Where can we buy spare pads for this headphone?

May 13, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #138 of 737
  Those FR plots look rough.

How are these supposed to be part of the HD6x0 family, again?

Kind of looks like it would sound like an old AM radio with low bass glued-on doggie style. Hope it doesn't.

May 13, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #141 of 737
  I do agree and realize your last point, but I think the hd630vb is an missed opportunity for that type of target audience primarily due to its MSRP price and styling/design. :)

I do think this is a strange direction to take. I was hoping for a closed back 600 or 650 and this doesn't seem like that at all. Basically, I'm just wondering if they have some marketing research which tells them that this thing is a good idea. I agree about adjustable bass. In fact, I wonder if some of the weirdness with the FR is due to the adjustable bass feature.

May 13, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #143 of 737
I do think this is a strange direction to take. I was hoping for a closed back 600 or 650 and this doesn't seem like that at all. Basically, I'm just wondering if they have some marketing research which tells them that this thing is a good idea. I agree about adjustable bass. In fact, I wonder if some of the weirdness with the FR is due to the adjustable bass feature.

I know I might get banned for saying this, but I've heard and read some people saying that the Momentums sound like a closed HD 650.

May 13, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #146 of 737
  @Rosmadi Mahmood

Any plans for a couple of Head-Fi review tours?  I'd certainly be keen to participate (or even organise) a "Down Under" tour.

It's in the works. Will announce soon 
wink_face.gif

Link to Sennheiser HD 630VB's product web page.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 13, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #147 of 737
Maybe I missed this on the thread, but does anyone know how the VB system works?

Presumably it's some form of passive electrical EQ (can't be physical / acoustic as on COP, as it is only on one side, and as there doesn't appear to be a power source, it can't be active).

May 13, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #148 of 737
People who said this looks ugly, how old are you? This is obviously targeted to millenials and Gen Z, so I'm quite curious if older people find this ugly. I personally find it pretty cool looking (I'm 24 this year).

Right side cable entry also makes sense since I usually put my phone/DAP in my right pocket, so this would reduce cable tangling. The cable not being removable kinda sucks though.

I'm about worried about the recessed mids but I think V-shape sound signature is quite popular among millenials, judging on how popular the ATH M50x is for this demographic. Won't speculate more on SQ since I haven't listened to it.

Although I do agree that Senn shouldn't have named this HD 630, I think people here have too much premature negativity. Wait for more reviews or try it yourself first. Overall I find this headphone quite interesting and I'd definitely audition them once it comes out.

May 13, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #149 of 737
I'm 9 years old and this is a 6/10

May 13, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #150 of 737
  I'm 9 years old and this is a 6/10

I'm 35 years old and I feel there plenty of sub $500 closed headphones that looks way better than this. But the sound is most important when I choose a headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back