Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions
May 13, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #151 of 737
I usually care so little about how headphones look - mind you, I'm walking around the streets with an M4U2 on my head every day - but with these ones I also don't get why they look like this. It looks like an 80s relic in all the wrong ways...

May 13, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #152 of 737
Does anyone remember The Homer? in season 2 of The Simpsons, Homer gets a free hand from a car company to design the perfect car. This looks like the headphones version of The Homer, the car he designed...

May 13, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #153 of 737
  Does anyone remember The Homer? in season 2 of The Simpsons, Homer gets a free hand from a car company to design the perfect car. This looks like the headphones version of The Homer, the car he designed...

Hahha that a perfect what to sum up how I feel these new TOTL close headphone looks LOL

Introducing Sennheiser HOMER!!

May 13, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #154 of 737
I'm 35 years old and I feel there plenty of sub $500 closed headphones that looks way better than this. But the sound is most important when I choose a headphone.

ATH MSR7 Red looks sexy.
Urbanite looks cool with its denim.
Momentum looks elegant.
M50x BL and DG is quite unique.
This Senn HD630 have this metallic look.
Different style, but still look good.

And if they are trying to aim for Beats audience, the looks is an important factor

May 13, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #155 of 737
I really don't get all the hate ... I am a Mid 30's Industrial Design student overall i like the design . Sure like alot of you i would have really liked it if this set of headphones shared design clues from its lauded family members the HD 600/650,700 and 800. I would also liked more design symmetry between the right and left ear cup but its not unforgivable. People say there too big I would say there just about right how small are full size headphones that have to fit a world of different head sizes suppose to be ? There only real FAIL is a non-replaceable cable on an audiophile set of headphones which is not a total deal breaker unless they sound bad ... which non of us have heard but JUDE so i will be as objective and open minded as possible until i do.But saying these headphones are ugly,and not just saying there not what your looking for in a set of audiophile headphones from Sennheiser makes me question weather you really know what an ugly set of headphones look like ...

May 13, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #156 of 737
I think of the "fashion-conscious" headphones I've seen up to this point are butt-ugly. This is ever so slightly ahead of the Sony's and Beats headphones I see sitting around at Best Buy (and the Momentums, for that matter...I hated the headband on them), but that's not exactly a compliment.

May 13, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #157 of 737

It's in the works. Will announce soon 
wink_face.gif

Link to Sennheiser HD 630VB's product web page.

Thanks Rosmadi - I'm still looking forward to hearing it.

May 14, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #158 of 737
  At 1299 $, i don't think so

I agree, I have concerns about the price point as stated in my original post. I was more talking about the feature set and styling is more appealing to the general consumer audience.

edit: I also think those two headphones may not be the best direct comparison due to the vast discrepancy in price point and different target audience. just talking about unique headphones being recently released by established audiophile brands.

May 14, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #159 of 737
Frankly, it all looks a little gaudy and "busy" for a premium German product, at (for consumers, anyway) a premium price. Contrast this with the simple elegance of (most) modern Beyer cans in the same price segment, or even the "classic" HD Sennheisers. If you look at a pair of HD650s, form clearly follows function, although an aluminium frame would be nicer than a plastic one...

Whatever happened to the legacy of Dieter Rams?

May 14, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #162 of 737
I'm a bit curious why right side cable entry is an issue at all. Why is left-side preferable? Or is the complaint that it is not a Y cable?

May 14, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #163 of 737
  What I'm looking for is an HD 750. Something with the tonal characteristics of the 650 but with the chassis of the 700 or 800. Now that I'd save up for!

Amen to that. I've been thinking of the same for the last 2 years. Also add the resolution of HD800 to the mix but not the bright character.

May 14, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #164 of 737
Frankly, it all looks a little gaudy and "busy" for a premium German product, at (for consumers, anyway) a premium price. Contrast this with the simple elegance of (most) modern Beyer cans in the same price segment, or even the "classic" HD Sennheisers. If you look at a pair of HD650s, form clearly follows function, although an aluminium frame would be nicer than a plastic one...

Jonathan Ive stole it from ze Germanz.

May 14, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #165 of 737

Jonathan Ive stole it from ze Germanz.

You mean this one here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back