Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions
May 13, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #121 of 737
Many was saying the same about the K3003,and AKG was selling over 20.000 UNITS since 2011 and after years sennheiser was coming with IE 800 but sad to say to late lol

Compare the AKG TIESTO 267 and you see few years later HD630VB -both with bass adjusment LOL

AKG is always the first Nd other will follow

Regards Nomax

You say this because AKG is an Austrian company perhaps?
rolleyes.gif
I haven't seen anything remarkable from them for a long time.

May 13, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #122 of 737
No for me as an crazy Headphone Lover for me is the most important thing the uniqueness of a Product,i love my Abyss,my HD 800,my K3003(wih the right tips),my K812 and my Sony Q10

And the N90Q is it also

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VASLwU1nBXM

All these are UNIQUENESS in SOUND and in BUILD QUALITY&CONSTRUCTION

UNIQUENESS is the Key for real long term success but thats my personal opinion

Regards Nomax

May 13, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #123 of 737
Nomax isn't Austria-fueled, did you know one of his favorite headphones is the TH-900? And this way way above the K812 flagship which he actually doesn't really like. So no AKG bias there either.  

May 13, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #124 of 737
No for me as an crazy Headphone Lover for me is the most important thing the uniqueness of a Product,i love my Abyss,my HD 800,my K3003(wih the right tips),my K812 and my Sony Q10

And the N90Q is it also

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VASLwU1nBXM

All these are UNIQUENESS in SOUND and in BUILD QUALITY&CONSTRUCTION

UNIQUENESS is the Key for real long term success but thats my personal opinion

Regards Nomax

Nomax,
all headphones you mention are unique for sure, but the money is made with the likes of Momentums and Urbanites. If you can do in that class you can probably present an Orpheus 2 to customers like you. For me the real mastership lies in a can like the timeless HD 580/600/650 or the K401/501/701/7XX or the Beyers even though they are treble prone and not for me. All cans I mention may be boring for you, but they are hard to pass by even with the Abbyss you love so much...wait till you get your hands on the HE1000, maybe the Abbyss ...........
Cheers

Peter

May 13, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #125 of 737
I think the HD630VB is a good entry for the new beginners,but a real Flagship for Mobile and for my ASTELL&KERN AK 240 in my opinion NO!!

NOMAX

May 13, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #126 of 737
Been looking a for a pair of good closed comfortable headphone to use in office, this could be the one! Can't wait to listen this! Thanks!:)

May 13, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #127 of 737
Officially launched: http://en-us.sennheiser.com/high-quality-stereo-headphones-around-ear-hd-630vb

On the go or at home, Sennheiser’s new HD 630VB delivers amazing performance and a host of features not normally found on audiophile headphones. The cutting-edge transducers provide clear, powerful sound reproduction, allowing you to hear the subtle nuances of your favorite music recordings. You’ll experience audio with a level of realism that is nothing short of astounding. In fact, with a frequency response of 10 to 42,000 Hz allowing you to listen to high resolution files, the HD 630VB may very well redefine audiophile listening for years to come.

At least it folds up... 

May 13, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #128 of 737
What's the closed back one you recommend? T5P?

May 13, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #129 of 737
What I'm looking for is an HD 750. Something with the tonal characteristics of the 650 but with the chassis of the 700 or 800. Now that I'd save up for!

May 13, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #130 of 737
So they mentioned the world audiophile 7 times on the product page.

I guess they want to advertise this to the mobile audiophile basshead market...? 

May 13, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #131 of 737
  So they mentioned the world audiophile 7 times on the product page.

I guess they want to advertise this to the mobile audiophile basshead market...? 

Is there such a thing as a bass-head audiophile? Sounds like an oxymoron to me.

May 13, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #132 of 737
That FR graph is too weird for me. At that price, I'll happily stick with the Mad Dog.

May 13, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #134 of 737
As a Senn follower (not fanboy, as I'm looking forward to get a pair of Fidelio X2), I couldn't pass this release by. When I looked at it, I really enjoyed the view.

Appearance-wise, I love the all-metallic touch as well as the asymmetrical cups. While most despise the dial for looking outdated, I think it goes along with Senn's "retro, yet modern" feel we find in headphones such as the HD598 and the Momentum line.

Other than that... I have mixed feelings about it. It is marketed as Sennheiser's first true audiophile closed phone (my Momentums just shed a tear), yet the sound signature is far from neutral, so I don't see how can any audiophile like it. No matter how detailed or hi-res its frequency response is.

Besides, the lack for a detachable cable just doesn't make sense either. I can't count how many cables have I lost to crowds. Inside a packed metro train, cables don't last long. So if you're making an on the go headphone, a detachable cable is as essential as a motor is for a car to run. Otherwise, it defeats its own purpose. At that price, detachable cables are not a plus, but a must.

Unless you want this phone for using indoors only, in which case, why bother when you can have the much better (and truly audiophile) HD600 or 650 for a lower price.

With that being said, I still find these cans interesting and noteworthy, even if overpriced. But for now, I'm sticking with my Momentums as my Senn closed phone.

May 13, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #135 of 737
  What I'm looking for is an HD 750. Something with the tonal characteristics of the 650 but with the chassis of the 700 or 800. Now that I'd save up for!

Or just a more colored, fun HD800. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back