Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Nov 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #4,951 of 23,499

This track make me goosebumps even though I don't know a single thing she sang. You guys should listen to the CD or flac.

Nov 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #4,953 of 23,499
My wallet once said no to me too... :frowning2:  

So I punished it by forcing a new credit card down its throat!! :veryevil:  

(only joking. Credit can be a very dangerous thing. Take heed kids!)

Take that, wallet!

When I first got my 600s they sounded stiff, hard, and clinical. This was back when they were first introduced, when they were the most highly resolving headphones out there compared to just about any other dynamic model. I didn't enjoy them for a really long time. They were stiff and didn't breathe life into the music. I thought I had made a huge mistake buying them, having also owned a nicely broken in pair of the warm, musical 580s.

Well after a LONG break in period and years-long intervals between uses, they've gotten to a point where they are extremely natural and musical. I love them!

Actually, the way the 650s are described are more up my alley sonically, but the 600s are great.

In my experience, they do improve from when you get them new out of the box.

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #4,954 of 23,499
  Not all. Just certain song. I wish I can get Crack but unfortunately, my wallet say no.
frown.gif

If it's just certain songs then it's probably the recording. Some recordings have exaggerated "S" sounds for greater perceived clarity on low fi systems. Or also try a different file of the same recording.

Nov 5, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #4,955 of 23,499
  If it's just certain songs then it's probably the recording. Some recordings have exaggerated "S" sounds for greater perceived clarity on low fi systems. Or also try a different file of the same recording.

Seems like exploring Aune T1 worth it. T1 really a potential DAC amp for that price. Here some outcome from what my exploration bring me to:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-tube-dac-amp-discussion-thread-see-first-post-for-faq/3165#post_9951551

I don't think of changing amp for now. Likely will get new Bugle Boy tube and a new USB cable.
gs1000.gif

Nov 5, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #4,956 of 23,499

This track make me goosebumps even though I don't know a single thing she sang. You guys should listen to the CD or flac.

Nice song, but I heard alot of 'sss' even in the ape format :/ are u chinese by any chance? EDIT:nvm, didnt see the don't know part

perhaps I should share too this guitar duo who has both great music AND good recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vULsGEm4x4s 

Check out their songs, they're awesome.

Nov 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #4,957 of 23,499
I just got a text saying mine are out for delivery.  Only a few more hours left til I have em. Anybody have a recommendation for a good amp/dac for them at or under $400 (no DIY please)?   I currently have a fiio e17/e09k combo.

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #4,958 of 23,499
When you say "No DIY", are you specifically refering to the Crack? 
biggrin.gif

Anyways, for about $400, you could get the ODAC and if you are interested in tube amps, the Little Dot MKIII, which is $200 on their site, plus $45 shipping to the US.

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #4,959 of 23,499
ODAC? That's a DAC, not an amp, and it's nowhere close to $400, more like $150 
confused.gif

The Matrix M-Stage is $300 and you can roll op amps for subtly different sounds. My op amp of choice is the LM4562, and you can get a sample for free from TI.

The upcoming Schiit Vali is only $120 and I would anticipate that it will pair wonderfully with the HD600.

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #4,960 of 23,499
confused.gif

The Matrix M-Stage is $300 and you can roll op amps for subtly different sounds. My op amp of choice is the LM4562, and you can get a sample for free from TI.

The upcoming Schiit Vali is only $120 and I would anticipate that it will pair wonderfully with the HD600.

Looking forward to some impressions of this combo. It will be a while before I can get my hands on one here in the uk, but its an amp I'm quite excited about! 

Nov 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #4,961 of 23,499
confused.gif

He asked what would be a good amp/dac for the HD600 at $400, so i thought he wanted a combination of a DAC and an Amp that would cost that much together. If he meant a DAC and an Amp each costing $400 then my bad.

Nov 5, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #4,962 of 23,499
He asked what would be a good amp/dac for the HD600 at $400, so i thought he wanted a combination of a DAC and an Amp that would cost that much together. If he meant a DAC and an Amp each costing $400 then my bad.

Blueangel was pointing out that your recommendation of the ODAC is not an amp/DAC. It is a DAC only.

You probably meant to say O2+ODAC... Which would be the amp and DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back