Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
May 20, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #3,241 of 23,458
First a base coat of honey...
Leftover peanut butter thicken with starch,
Apply to both sides...
Put into the oven for ten mins at 100C.
Let it cool n test for adhesiion.

If it doesn't stick, lick clean n use a double sided tape instead.
:wink:

May 20, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #3,242 of 23,458
I love my HD600's ... can't believe the overall experience they provide, even on a basic entry-level rig:

Pro-ject Carbon > Cambridge Audio Azur 551 phono-stage > Bravo Audio Headphone Amp > Senn's HD600.

It all came in under AUD$1000 after a little shoppoing around and was worth every penny...I mostly listen to classic rock, jazz and soundtracks :)

May 20, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #3,243 of 23,458
Quote:
First a base coat of honey...
Leftover peanut butter thicken with starch,
Apply to both sides...
Put into the oven for ten mins at 100C.
Let it cool n test for adhesiion.

If it doesn't stick, lick clean n use a double sided tape instead.
wink.gif

Tape it is!
tongue_smile.gif
At least it's reversible for the most part; I'm still using my old pads. Mostly as back-up for when I wash the newer pads, but right now that my main amp's broken, I'm using the old ones. Although it tends to make the coloration worse sooner (within 30 mins of listening) I'm thinking I should save the newer pads when I get my amp repaired than wear it out and spend another $60 sooner.

May 20, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #3,244 of 23,458
Alright, got mine finally and I've been listening to them all day long. Not ready to give any initial impressions until until more listening time, so I wont. What I can say is these things make me feel like I have a huge noggin and I know that's not the case. The clamping force is pretty noticeable. I'm wanting to stretch them, but I'm also worried about the plastic covering over the metal head band and how far I can stretch them before it's too much for that plastic.

Thoughts?

May 20, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #3,245 of 23,458
Quote:
Alright, got mine finally and I've been listening to them all day long. Not ready to give any initial impressions until until more listening time, so I wont. What I can say is these things make me feel like I have a huge noggin and I know that's not the case. The clamping force is pretty noticeable. I'm wanting to stretch them, but I'm also worried about the plastic covering over the metal head band and how far I can stretch them before it's too much for that plastic.

Thoughts?

The headphone is adjustable lol try making it bigger.  Mine have a nice balance of not being to tight and not always about to fall off your head.  I certainly wouldn't say they have a lot of clamping force (compared to other headphones I've listened to)

May 20, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #3,246 of 23,458
Quote:

Thoughts?

Don't stretch them - they will break if they stretch too far.  Clamp is pretty significant in the beginning, but they will relax over time - and you will get used to the clamp as well.

If it is unbearable - full extend the extenders, and very carefully stretch them (do it one at a time and make sure you keep the pressure on the extenders only, and off the plastic headband).

Once again - any stretching is at your risk.  I speak from experience - I snapped mine shortly after I first got them, and ended up having to buy a brand new headband assembly from Sennheiser.  2nd time around, I just left them, and got used to it.  Now they are very comfortable.

May 20, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #3,247 of 23,458
Quote:
The headphone is adjustable lol try making it bigger.  Mine have a nice balance of not being to tight and not always about to fall off your head.  I certainly wouldn't say they have a lot of clamping force (compared to other headphones I've listened to)

What is this sorcery you speak of?! jk Yeah, I know, but I would say there is a butt load (technical term) of clamping force with this one brand new vs others.

Quote:

Don't stretch them - they will break if they stretch too far.  Clamp is pretty significant in the beginning, but they will relax over time - and you will get used to the clamp as well.

If it is unbearable - full extend the extenders, and very carefully stretch them (do it one at a time and make sure you keep the pressure on the extenders only, and off the plastic headband).

Once again - any stretching is at your risk.  I speak from experience - I snapped mine shortly after I first got them, and ended up having to buy a brand new headband assembly from Sennheiser.  2nd time around, I just left them, and got used to it.  Now they are very comfortable.

Ok, good to know. Yeah, I definitely wont push it. It's not HD280-bleed-from-your-anus unbearable, but it's definitely noticeable. I'll just leave them alone for now and hope they loosen up.

May 20, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #3,250 of 23,458
Quote:
This song resonates in my soul, and the HD600 is a gateway. Seriously, listen to the lyrics.

man you have no idea how happy I am to see someone else who recognizes him for more than "Oh that's that thriftshop guy" It's not that bad with Macklemore but Asher Roth... They just dismiss him after "Oh yeah low life I love college one hit wonder" and don't even know about Just Listen and all his other meaningful stuff.  Off topic sorry 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #3,251 of 23,458
Quote:
man you have no idea how happy I am to see someone else who recognizes him for more than "Oh that's that thriftshop guy" It's not that bad with Macklemore but Asher Roth... They just dismiss him after "Oh yeah low life I love college one hit wonder" and don't even know about Just Listen and all his other meaningful stuff.  Off topic sorry 
smily_headphones1.gif

+1 for Macklemore and Asher Roth.

Jimmy Iovine and Dope S*** are my favorite tracks by those two, respectively.

And on topic: They sound great through the HD 600.
dt880smile.png

May 21, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #3,253 of 23,458
Quote:
Wow! Thanks for sharing this song, it made my day! 
And yes, the song sounds absolutely gorgeous with HD600.

Quote:
+1 for Macklemore and Asher Roth.

Jimmy Iovine and Dope S*** are my favorite tracks by those two, respectively.

And on topic: They sound great through the HD 600.
dt880smile.png

Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

beerchug.gif

May 21, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #3,255 of 23,458
why is that lame guy talking over the music? is this supposed to be the new eminem or something haha, sorry but that sucks bad... if he shut up it might be ok to listen to.

lol at your english "that guy" and "the music"
If you constructed your sentences better than a 5th grader you "might be okay to listen to.

We're both contributing to this thread so much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back