Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Apr 5, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #2,899 of 23,456
Quote:
Excited to say that I now have my first pair of open headphones!!! Just got my Hd600's in the mail. Listening while I type, so far so good!!! 

I got mine yesterday and they're my second pair of open-backs along with the HE-400.  The HE-400 is a technically better HP but the HD600 has such a smooth and natural sound that it works with virtually any type of music. 

Also its very comfortable as is the HE-400 and the only down side of the HD600 I can find is the build quality as its mostly plastic but as long as you take care of them I don't for see any real problems.

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #2,900 of 23,456
I've not been lucky enough to hear the HD600. I wonder how they sound compared to my recabled HD650s and HD595s.

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #2,901 of 23,456
Quote:
Excited to say that I now have my first pair of open headphones!!! Just got my Hd600's in the mail. Listening while I type, so far so good!!! 

Congrats.  Now line up the tune and get lost in the music!  
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #2,902 of 23,456
I've been listening to my HD600 for awhile today and it just keeps sounding better and better and no its not burn-in.  

The treble is pretty much perfect as far as the crispness because it not to bright but its not to soft either, its the goldilocks of treble.  Mids are great and the bass sound very good also, its a great all arounder with a very pleasing sound signature.

I got the HD600 over the HD650 because people said its not as dark sounding and that the treble was bright but it was still a warm and smooth sounding headphone and that's exactly how I hear them

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #2,903 of 23,456
So far it sounds like the HD 600 combine with E09k and the e17 is the best combo? I would guess the HD598 unamped would be better that the HD600 unamped. Also I would guess the HD 598 with the fii0 e11 would be better than the HD600 with the E11. Now how much better would the HD600 with e09k and e17 be better than the HD598 unamped or with the E11. This may help me determine whether it's worth it to give up  the extra money and space in my house to make it happen?

Thanks 
Mitch

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #2,904 of 23,456
I had a chance to demo some Hifiman HE-400s for a few days. At first I thought wow what great bass. For jazz and instrumentals they they seemed like great headphones. After listening for a few days, big bottom not much on top. And what's on top can get annoying. Switch back to my HDs. No headphones I've heard can do midrange like these. They are just right. The comfort and sound. I was glad I had a chance to sample he HEs. They are built like a tank and weigh about the same.:cool:

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #2,905 of 23,456
I'm liking the HD600 more every time I put it on my head. Everything sounds good with it. 

I thought it wouldn't do so well with this particular track (Limit to your love - James Blake), but boy was I wrong. It's actually the best I've heard this track done, and I've listened to a lot of gear.

I would post a video of it, but all the ones I see have crappy bass compared to the actual recording.

Apr 7, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #2,907 of 23,456
Quote:

I got mine yesterday and they're my second pair of open-backs along with the HE-400.  The HE-400 is a technically better HP but the HD600 has such a smooth and natural sound that it works with virtually any type of music. 

Also its very comfortable as is the HE-400 and the only down side of the HD600 I can find is the build quality as its mostly plastic but as long as you take care of them I don't for see any real problems.

Between the HD600 and HE-400, which one do you think is better for EDM, trance, house, rap/hip-hop?

Which one do you think has better detail/clarity, bass, soundstage, and instrument separation?

Apr 7, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #2,908 of 23,456
I wish I had known about the Razar Dog coupon when I bought my HD 600. It would have save me a hundred dollars off the price I paid to get them from Crutchfield. I'm not going to let that stop me from enjoying the music!

Apr 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #2,909 of 23,456
Razordog usually sells refurbs and B stock.  With Crutchfield, you got a new set, lifetime support, and points toward a gift card on your next purchase.  I love Crutchfield and use them when I can.

Edit: My mistake.  I thought the $100 off deal was for refurbs, as I've seen from other authorized dealers.  Ignore all the subsequent comments.  I didn't correctly understand the developing conversation.  I wasn't implying any deception by anyone.  I was under the impression you had an option to buy refurbs for $100 less.  Apologies.    

Quote:
I wish I had known about the Razar Dog coupon when I bought my HD 600. It would have save me a hundred dollars off the price I paid to get them from Crutchfield. I'm not going to let that stop me from enjoying the music!

Apr 7, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #2,910 of 23,456
Quote:
Razordog usually sells refurbs and B stock.  With Crutchfield, you got a new set, lifetime support, and points toward a gift card on your next purchase.  I love Crutchfield and use them when I can.

razordog.com is an authorized reseller, they do not sell refurbs and B stock.  Full Sennheiser warranty!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back