Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Dec 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #2,386 of 23,456
Quote:

Sorry but this is ridiculous. To my knowledge there has never been a single scientific measurement released to back up cable manufacturer's claims of improved sound quality and releasing said measurements would in no way harm their 'research' or reveal any kind of trade secrets.

Hmm you are lucky enough to get away with that comment.
   my advice, pls do more research to increase your knowledge & involve yourself in DIY tweaking
   if you are the production manager of a semi conductor  multi nasional company, then you should be able to understand what i meant
   they dont reveal everything &  reveal  only enough control  info even to  their  customers or the vendors
   yet again.. you are entitle to your opinion.
   this forum is filled with  nice  good people.

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #2,387 of 23,456
Nice satire 
wink.gif
 Now I'm almost certain I remember you kamalz, hahaha.   

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #2,390 of 23,456
I am enjoying my HD600.  It makes a nice complementary headphone to my HE-500. 

But that's not the point I wanted to make.  For several months I had the HD650 and HD600 at the same time and eventually sold the HD650 because I thought the sound was not as enjoyable as the HD600.  I've recently started tube-rolling with my Schiit Lyr and actually came across a set of tubes that make my HD600s sound exactly like I recall the HD650 to sound like!  Interestingly, these tubes have the properties of rolling off highs, the very lows, and adding a slight mid-bass emphasis.  Which is exactly what I didn't like about the 650s!

IMHO , YMMV , etc

Dec 16, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #2,391 of 23,456
Quote:
   Hmm you are lucky enough to get away with that comment.
   my advice, pls do more research to increase your knowledge & involve yourself in DIY tweaking
   if you are the production manager of a semi conductor  multi nasional company, then you should be able to understand what i meant
   they dont reveal everything &  reveal  only enough control  info even to  their  customers or the vendors
   yet again.. you are entitle to your opinion.
   this forum is filled with  nice  good people.

blink.gif

You're very confusing. I'm done with this conversation.

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #2,392 of 23,456
Quote:

blink.gif

You're very confusing. I'm done with this conversation.

or you could just view it as entertainment. He's pretty funny when viewed as parody.

Dec 17, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #2,394 of 23,456
Quote:
I am enjoying my HD600.  It makes a nice complementary headphone to my HE-500. 

But that's not the point I wanted to make.  For several months I had the HD650 and HD600 at the same time and eventually sold the HD650 because I thought the sound was not as enjoyable as the HD600.  I've recently started tube-rolling with my Schiit Lyr and actually came across a set of tubes that make my HD600s sound exactly like I recall the HD650 to sound like!  Interestingly, these tubes have the properties of rolling off highs, the very lows, and adding a slight mid-bass emphasis.  Which is exactly what I didn't like about the 650s!

IMHO , YMMV , etc

which pair of tubes... ? so u dun like this pair of tubes?

Dec 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #2,397 of 23,456
Quote:

They are Russian made 6h23n-eb .  And I actually DO like them ...... as I said ... they make my HD600 sound a bit like the HD650

... but... you also said... that you didn't like the way the HD650 sounded... so... if it makes your HD600 sound like the HD650... and you said you don't like the HD650........................

...Is it me or did this thread take a very strange turn in the last 2 pages?

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #2,399 of 23,456
Anyways.

I've ordered the TubeDAC-11 on Flysweep and Project_86's recommendations on the synergy with the HD600.

Also have 7DJ8 tubes coming in. Will try with the tube out, tube out to M-Stage (with and without a Class-A biased 627 opamp), DAC out to M-Stage...

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #2,400 of 23,456
Anyways.

I've ordered the TubeDAC-11 on Flysweep and Project_86's recommendations on the synergy with the HD600.

Also have 7DJ8 tubes coming in. Will try with the tube out, tube out to M-Stage (with and without a Class-A biased 627 opamp), DAC out to M-Stage...

Congrats.  Looking forward to your thoughts on them.  Remember to get a y-splitter (RCA male-to-3.5/6.2 mm female) so you can hok up your HD600 directly to the TD-11's tube output (without needing the M-Stage (if you so desire).  I recommend letting the 7DJ8 tube burn in for a good 20 hours or so, too,  Nothing fancy to that process.. just install the tube in the TD-11 and leave the unit on for 20 or so hours.  Of course, you can just listen to the unit and you'll be burning in the tube that way as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back