Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Aug 7, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #19,201 of 23,456
Seattle is that hot?!
It is these days. Wasn't like that half a decade ago. It's going to be 90 and a bit for the next couple of days and a few weeks ago, we had a 2-week stretch where it was 85+ every day. I used to love our climate because summer would be 82-83 on a hot day and mostly mid-70s the entire summer. Now mid-70s is the cool-down relief temps and 80-83 is like half the summer.

And then I also just haven't had time lately so even if it were cool enough to listen to headphones, still can't :p

Aug 7, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #19,202 of 23,456
It is these days. Wasn't like that half a decade ago. It's going to be 90 and a bit for the next couple of days and a few weeks ago, we had a 2-week stretch where it was 85+ every day. I used to love our climate because summer would be 82-83 on a hot day and mostly mid-70s the entire summer. Now mid-70s is the cool-down relief temps and 80-83 is like half the summer.

And then I also just haven't had time lately so even if it were cool enough to listen to headphones, still can't :p

Looking forward to your comparison too.:)

Aug 7, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #19,203 of 23,456

Ah nice, I was in Bremerton with the Navy once upon a few decades ago! Beautiful country.

Though....protip......if you're going to live in the Pacific Northwest, make sure the sunroof on your crappy car doesn't leak! Mine leaked right on my crotch o.0

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #19,204 of 23,456

Wow, I'd never have guessed that Hawaii would be cooler than Washington, but it looks like we will have a few storms coming though shortly since its the start of hurricane season. My AC has been on 24/7 for the last few weeks so my place is a nice comfortable 76

Aug 8, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #19,205 of 23,456
Ah nice, I was in Bremerton with the Navy once upon a few decades ago! Beautiful country.

Though....protip......if you're going to live in the Pacific Northwest, make sure the sunroof on your crappy car doesn't leak! Mine leaked right on my crotch o.0
Way ahead of you. I'm driving the classic PNW car: Subaru Outback. Mine's a 2004 and it has many miles on it haha.

Wow, I'd never have guessed that Hawaii would be cooler than Washington, but it looks like we will have a few storms coming though shortly since its the start of hurricane season. My AC has been on 24/7 for the last few weeks so my place is a nice comfortable 76
Yeah, weird, right? I had a friend in last week from Hawaii and he was like "I thought it was gonna be a little cooler than back home" and I was like "nope, you thought wrong" lol.

Aug 18, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #19,207 of 23,456
c256457a2bf2479b97b845bfcd300a5d.jpg

What 8 years of dirt looks like in my 600s....

Aug 20, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #19,210 of 23,456
Yep, apart from paint, all perfect for the next few years :)[/QUOTE]

Just replaced my Ear + Headband pads as well, love that the 600's are user-servicable.

Aug 20, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #19,212 of 23,456
c256457a2bf2479b97b845bfcd300a5d.jpg

What 8 years of dirt looks like in my 600s....

Well the dirt doesn't bother me a bit its normal, the thing that actually freaks me out is that you disassembled the whole headphone! either you are really brave or actually know very well what are you doing! or it can be both :D I can only take out the pads and wash them once in a while with a shaking hands...lol that knife thingy tho it's a horror story in one picture for me! anyway I wish I knew how to do this alongside the courage to do this, mine are 2 years old hope I wont have to do this in future.

Aug 20, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #19,213 of 23,456
3 months with HD600, still love it or rather becoming increasingly more in love with it... The clamping force has given in a bit and the great level of comfort familiar from my old HD555 is back. I haven't used my speakers at all, prefer the privacy of headphones.

it took me 2 years to get used to the claping force and maybe they are a bit lose now, at first few months it was giving me a headache now they are perfect!

Aug 24, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #19,214 of 23,456
Hey guys. I currently own the 400i as my open headphone. The fabric on the ear cups drive me nuts though. I just purchased the HD600 I’m hoping I made a good alternative decision.

Would you guys say they are in the same league of each other sonically? It appears they are quite similar in my research.

Aug 24, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #19,215 of 23,456
Hey guys. I currently own the 400i as my open headphone. The fabric on the ear cups drive me nuts though. I just purchased the HD600 I’m hoping I made a good alternative decision.

Would you guys say they are in the same league of each other sonically? It appears they are quite similar in my research.
Have you tried other ear pads? If you like leather the Dekoni sheepskin ones are quite comfortable and alter the sound only a little.
As someone who has owned both I wouldn't consider them similar sound signatures but in the same league technically with a slight edge to the HE400i IMO. That being said I only kept the HE400i (mine is an old SMC back plate version) and sold off the HD600 since it did irritate me at times due to the 3.5-5khz peak which I seem to be sensitive to but peaks higher up in frequency don't seem to bother me like the 6khz peak of the HD700 is no an issue for me. Another thing to consider is the HD600 is a high impedance headphone while the HE400i is a low impedance one so they react to amps differently and I never cared for the HD600 sound if I tried to use them on a phone or low power DAP, pretty much needed an amp (OTL or hybrid) to get them to sound decent while the HE400i sounds decent with even a low power DAP like Fiio X1 to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back