Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Mar 17, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #7,066 of 23,482
Your not going to find an iem that sounds like any full sized open back headphone. Completely different designs that can not sound the same. Your question should be about finding a good iem with a good balanced sound in and of itself. You can't compare apples to oranges. So I'd comb the iem reviews for the qualities you like.

Thanks for the advice. So could you recommend one good balanced iem? I am indeed need one, my gf stole t51p and I travelled on daily basis "headphone-less"

Mar 17, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #7,067 of 23,482

Thanks for the advice. So could you recommend one good balanced iem? I am indeed need one, my gf stole t51p and I travelled on daily basis "headphone-less"

I think you'd like the TDK BA200, to me it sounds a lot like the HD600. Its a dual BA with nice bass but not bloated and the mids are really nice and highs are smooth but detailed, all in all its a very balanced IEM imo. 

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #7,069 of 23,482
Yup. I've purchased the HD600 yet again. I can't stay away... 

Anyone found a new, budget, solid-state amp that they love? I've owned the E9, E09K, Magni, O2, Headroom Micro, SR71A, Neco Soundlab V3 and Pico Power... Out of all of those, my favs have been the Headroom Micro, SR71A, Neco Soundlab and Pico Power, if that helps. Headroom Micro's are tough to find, E09K is too dark, O2 lacks dynamics (imo), SR71A and Pico Power are too spendy, and V3 is discontinued. 

Thanks! 

Hi Isaiah.

I still consider the Audio-gd NFB entry series as being incredible value for money, and perfect with the HD600. I own the NFB-12 (equivalent today's NFB-15 http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB15/NFB15EN.htm = USD235 + freight).

If you wanted the Sabre equivalent - the NFB 11.32 (http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1132/NFB11.32EN.htm = USD299 + freight)

Paul

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #7,070 of 23,482

I am a huge fan of the Hifiman in ears.  I got the original RE0 when it came out, and I haven't found anything I want to "upgrade" to yet.  The RE400 is an unbelievable value and killer IEM.  the RE600 is better, but a huge cost.  With the RE series, its all about fit.  if you find the right tip and seal, your blown away.  when i got my RE0, I hated it, till I found a tip that fit me, then I was a happy camper.  just keep that in mind as you are trying things out.

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #7,071 of 23,482
  I am a huge fan of the Hifiman in ears.  I got the original RE0 when it came out, and I haven't found anything I want to "upgrade" to yet.  The RE400 is an unbelievable value and killer IEM.  the RE600 is better, but a huge cost.  With the RE series, its all about fit.  if you find the right tip and seal, your blown away.  when i got my RE0, I hated it, till I found a tip that fit me, then I was a happy camper.  just keep that in mind as you are trying things out.

I have the RE-400....use it on the go and in bed....love it.....great sound.

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #7,072 of 23,482

I think you'd like the TDK BA200, to me it sounds a lot like the HD600. Its a dual BA with nice bass but not bloated and the mids are really nice and highs are smooth but detailed, all in all its a very balanced IEM imo. 

Thanks both of you. TDK BA200 and re-400 both are superb quality IEM, and i might be choosing re-400, because its easier to find around here, and well the price is certainly the big factor. Cant wait to have it soon. Cheers for the advice! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #7,074 of 23,482
  Yup. I've purchased the HD600 yet again. I can't stay away... 

Anyone found a new, budget, solid-state amp that they love? I've owned the E9, E09K, Magni, O2, Headroom Micro, SR71A, Neco Soundlab V3 and Pico Power... Out of all of those, my favs have been the Headroom Micro, SR71A, Neco Soundlab and Pico Power, if that helps. Headroom Micro's are tough to find, E09K is too dark, O2 lacks dynamics (imo), SR71A and Pico Power are too spendy, and V3 is discontinued. 

Thanks! 

Congrats!

Hmm, maybe the Lake People G103? I think you can get it for under $300. Lots of power and should be very neutral.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/620082/lake-people-g109-g103-thread

Mar 19, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #7,078 of 23,482
  Take a look here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-311-iems-compared-hisoundaudio-ba100-added-03-06-14-p-878

Seems like the Custom Art Music One is getting a great review here. I know I should look further into this topic, because I've always wondered whether there's an IEM sounding quite similar to the HD 600 or not. What caught my eye was "natural", which perfectly describes the HD 600. Anyone who's tried these IEMs?

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #7,080 of 23,482
I have constant tinnitus, clenching my teeth doesn't affect it one way or the other.

Me too.  Not noticeable during the day with even day to day noises around me.  Probably why I enjoy headphones (not too loud), because it drowns out my low level tinnitus!  Doesn't seem to get any worse with headphone or IEM use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back