Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Mar 1, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #6,826 of 23,456
Can't find a good price for these. I don't want to spend more than $250 for headphones and the rest for a DAC/AMP. It's between these the DT 880 and the Fidelio X1. Anyone selling their HD600s?

Mar 1, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #6,827 of 23,456
  In case you haven't seen a pic of StanD:
He was captured at the early bird's line...
biggrin.gif

I ain't that old, yet and that chump isn't wearing HD600's. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 1, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #6,829 of 23,456
  Bought my AKG Sextetts in the 70s and still have them. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Now you're talking, you're in second place. I got my Koss Pro 4's in the 1960's to use with my Heathkit shortwave radio. For all of you tubies it was all tubes. I can't believe that they still make a newer version of them, in the same horrid green. Mine had a clamping force that could crack open a coconut. The earpads were oil filled rubber, I can still remember when one of them leaked on me, 
mad.gif
. Back then nobody argued about cables and I would have given my left ear to have something like an HD600.
Below is a picture of the new version, it looks eerily the same.

Mar 1, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #6,830 of 23,456
  Now you're talking, you're in second place. I got my Koss Pro 4's in the 1960's to use with my Heathkit shortwave radio. For all of you tubies it was all tubes. I can't believe that they still make a newer version of them, in the same horrid green. Mine had a clamping force that could crack open a coconut. The earpads were oil filled rubber, I can still remember when one of them leaked on me, 
mad.gif
. Back then nobody argued about cables and I would have given my left ear to have something like an HD600.
Below is a picture of the new version, it looks eerily the same.

I had a pair of those.  Heavy m*******s.

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #6,832 of 23,456
Can't find a good price for these. I don't want to spend more than $250 for headphones and the rest for a DAC/AMP. It's between these the DT 880 and the Fidelio X1. Anyone selling their HD600s?
Geez man. I'd like a free car, but that ain't gonna happen. Your not going to find the 600 that cheap brand new. Used is possible. Go to the for sale forums.
Not cool.

Mar 1, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #6,837 of 23,456
I realize I won't find it that cheap, but thanks for being so nice about letting my know something that's pretty common knowledge. I was talking about used...
. Ignoring your sarcasm, being patient and watching the for sale forums is your best bet. Although the 880 is a great headphone as well. If you have something worth trading, you might be able to work something out with the right seller.

Mar 1, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #6,838 of 23,456

For  while I owned an HD580 and a second one modded only with HD600 earcups (everything else the same, same vintage dark gray mesh baffles too).  On a blind A/B with some head-fi buddies at a mini-meet I honestly could not hear a difference between the two.  We'd cycle through tracks, songs and passages eyes closed... rotating in and out different cans.  I was literally GUESSING at which headphone I was listening to.  I could have flipped a coin and gotten the same 50/50 odds.

I eventually sold the stock 580 based on looks alone.

So my point being, I think you should consider a used 580 as well.  That should be much easier to do for less than $200-250.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back