Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Feb 12, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #6,376 of 23,449
I get this bizzare feeling that the HD800s I've tried were faulty. I detected VERY lean bass on them, yet a lot of people seem to think otherwise?

I didn't find the T1 lean at all.

That being said, I didn't test them head-to-head, so I'll retract my last statement. 

I'm sure the 800s you heard were fine. The bass is very quick/tight/controlled which is hard to get used to. Once you are used to it all other transducers bass sounds loose in comparison.

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #6,377 of 23,449
I heard quite a few cans at a meet. The HD800's were my favorite. Comfort and sound. The thing I liked about the 600's is that you get at least 80% of the performance for less than a third of the price. A stone cold bargain IMHO.

Feb 12, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #6,378 of 23,449
This is a crosspost from a thread I made -- sorry mods, I didn't notice there was a thread dedicated to HD600 over here.

Hello friends, I have taken apart my HD600's earpads and in the process of a few days, lost the big plastic ring that is slotted into the earpads and then "clips" into the headphone housing. I've emailed Sennheiser USA and the part they recommended, 050635, appears to be only the earpad, without that crucial plastic retainer piece.

Does anyone know the part number? I hope to quickly get a replacement and be able to use my headphones again.

Cheers.

Feb 12, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #6,379 of 23,449
  This is a crosspost from a thread I made -- sorry mods, I didn't notice there was a thread dedicated to HD600 over here.

Hello friends, I have taken apart my HD600's earpads and in the process of a few days, lost the big plastic ring that is slotted into the earpads and then "clips" into the headphone housing. I've emailed Sennheiser USA and the part they recommended, 050635, appears to be only the earpad, without that crucial plastic retainer piece.

Does anyone know the part number? I hope to quickly get a replacement and be able to use my headphones again.

Cheers.

Not sure sorry mate..

Does the headband stretch much, guys? Mine is a little tight for me. I don't want to stretch over books, as I've heard horror stories of headbands snapping.

Feb 12, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #6,380 of 23,449
  Not sure sorry mate..

Does the headband stretch much, guys? Mine is a little tight for me. I don't want to stretch over books, as I've heard horror stories of headbands snapping.

The headband was tight on me when I first got them, but with normal use they expanded and became very comfortable.

Feb 12, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #6,381 of 23,449

Cheers.

Do the replacement earpads come with the ring attached?  I figured they would.  Maybe worth a double check with Sennheiser.

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #6,382 of 23,449
  Not sure sorry mate..

This thread will assist you to enlarge your HD600s
http://www.head-fi.org/t/438898/hd650-hd600-hd580-comfortable-uncomfortable-or-fractured

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #6,383 of 23,449
  I get this bizzare feeling that the HD800s I've tried were faulty. I detected VERY lean bass on them, yet a lot of people seem to think otherwise?

I didn't find the T1 lean at all.

That being said, I didn't test them head-to-head, so I'll retract my last statement. 

I think that's the normal. If anything maybe the ones saying otherwise managed to try ones that were 1) set too tight or 2) already had worn earpads? Because the HD600 does the same thing doing either, worse if both.

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #6,384 of 23,449
Hey everybody! I'm another new owner of HD 600s. I purchased my pair from an eBay seller that came with HD 580s thrown in free! The HD 580s have a bad driver, would it be ok to just buy 1 replacement driver or should I buy 2 HD 650 drivers for a little bit more? I'm worried about driver matching.

I'd buy 2x HD580 drivers.

Feb 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #6,386 of 23,449
Hey everybody! I'm another new owner of HD 600s. I purchased my pair from an eBay seller that came with HD 580s thrown in free! The HD 580s have a bad driver, would it be ok to just buy 1 replacement driver or should I buy 2 HD 650 drivers for a little bit more? I'm worried about driver matching.

Does anybody have a link to repairing the 2 pin connection with new connectors?

Anybody?

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #6,387 of 23,449
Well. My wife remembered to bring the 600's home.
They are of course stunning. Even off my portable amp.
No ambiguity. You immediately know that you are listening to something special.
Suffice to say that I burnt my dinner!
Am I right in thinking that it is sensible not to run them too hard initially?

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #6,388 of 23,449
Well. My wife remembered to bring the 600's home.
They are of course stunning. Even off my portable amp.
No ambiguity. You immediately know that you are listening to something special.
Suffice to say that I burnt my dinner!
Am I right in thinking that it is sensible not to run them too hard initially?

I think you can run them as hard as you want. It's not a new car. Just watch your ears...

Congrats with purchase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back