Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Mar 18, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #10,741 of 23,482
Compare HD600 to S30 speaker? I have S30 couple years ago, HD600 has more transparent sound. Harberth or Spendor more closer to HD600.
Sorry litle bit out of topic..
smily_headphones1.gif

Meh, I'd count this as on-topic; it involves the HD600 after all. HD600s definitely sound more transparent and has some more accuracy and clarity. It's weighted differently too as the S30s surprisingly are a bit more bass-weighted to my ears. It's not that the mids and highs aren't present as they certainly are, but the S30s reach deeper and give more quality and emphasis on the lower frequencies than any small speaker has a right to
blink.gif

Quoted for truth.  Been listening almost exclusively to my 600's  now my RHA M-750's, one of my favorite IEM's,  seem slightly dull and a bit slow.   My PFE 112 IEMs, which have a sound signature similar to the 600's, sound great though.  Your ears get acclimated to a certain sound, and a different sound just doesn't seem quite right.  Ear "burn in".

I won't get into the argument of whether one exists over the other or anything like that cuz I've personally felt like I've experienced both, but yeah, burn-in is a thing in at least some capacity. Exclusively listening to the HD600s? Haha, that's exactly what what did for a long while until recent purchases. Been switching through the CA S30s, the HD600s, and my recent Philips Fidelio X1s. The HD600 continues to satisfy the audiophile in me that loves the balance and accuracy of the HD600s while the basshead EDM listener in me is very satisfied with the new X1s. I can easily see myself bouncing between them.

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #10,743 of 23,482
  Excuse me guys

How long of listening for burn-in this headphone ????

Can be good drived enought with Creative ZXR / Asus STX / Creative E5 ?

These cans don't require any burn in.... just enjoy it.

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #10,744 of 23,482
These sounded fine fresh out of the box for me as well. Great sounding headphone no doubt. 

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #10,748 of 23,482
  Excuse me guys

How long of listening for burn-in this headphone ????

Can be good drived enought with Creative ZXR / Asus STX / Creative E5 ?

+1 regarding burn in. Those are all powerful enough to run the HD 600. Even on-board from most desktops will be sufficient. It's certain mobiles that struggle. Particularly phones and tablets.

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #10,750 of 23,482
Originally Posted by StanD 

These cans don't require any burn in.... just enjoy it.

+1 I'm not susceptible to brain burn in as I was fried long ago.

Originally Posted by Old Groucho /img/forum/go_quote.gif

+2 & also brain fried some time ago 
confused_face.gif

That's why Harpo stopped talking.

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #10,755 of 23,482
Betty Davis said it best : "Getting old ain't for sissies !"

She got that right! I can't remember which actress, when asked how she felt about getting older said "it's a lot better than the alternative!"

You're only as old as the girl that you feel - Groucho Marx

I blew that too! My wife is a few months older than me.

What do you know, I'm 29. :D

No no. I'm not jealous at all! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back