Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Mar 5, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #10,636 of 23,482
How old are they? There was a problem with the springs in the socket, many years ago, probably not on your cans. You might have to brave up and push them in a little harder.

I'm at work now and won't be home until late. So I'll have to wonder and fret all day. But when I do finally get home, I'll see if they go in further.

They were listed as New, unopened on eBay by the seller focuscamera.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291349691654?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have 15 days to return them if I must. Though the cost of shipping will be on me. Hope it doesn't come to that.

Perhaps I should have gone with Amazon. But saving $40 was too tempting a proposition.

Mar 5, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #10,637 of 23,482

How old are they? There was a problem with the springs in the socket, many years ago, probably not on your cans. You might have to brave up and push them in a little harder.

I'm at work now and won't be home until late. So I'll have to wonder and fret all day. But when I do finally get home, I'll see if they go in further.

They were listed as New, unopened on eBay by the seller focuscamera.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291349691654?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have 15 days to return them if I must. Though the cost of shipping will be on me. Hope it doesn't come to that.

Perhaps I should have gone with Amazon. But saving $40 was too tempting a proposition.

The advert says brand new, it's probably a case of them not being pushed in all the way. Good luck and let us know later on.

Mar 5, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #10,639 of 23,482
I came home straight after work. I just had to know!

They're sorted. Just weren't in all the way. You do have to put some serious pressure on them. Now they're so secure I fear trying to remove them again.
biggrin.gif

They still sound amazing. Can't tell if they are better because the cable is in all the way or not. They were awesome before, and they are still awesome. Can't asked for more than that.

Tiny Dancer really just soars with the HD600s.
beerchug.gif

Mar 5, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #10,641 of 23,482
I bought my HD600 about 18 months back and paired them with the ODAC + O2 combo amp. Now my pursuit for a better headphone system has ended. Infact, I no longer visit Head-Fi forum as well :wink:

Mar 5, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #10,642 of 23,482
I bought my HD600 about 18 months back and paired them with the ODAC + O2 combo amp. Now my pursuit for a better headphone system has ended. Infact, I no longer visit Head-Fi forum as well :wink:

You won't see this reply then :wink: I really like my O2. I would love to hear a good tube amp for comparison.

Mar 5, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #10,643 of 23,482

They're sorted. Just weren't in all the way. You do have to put some serious pressure on them. Now they're so secure I fear trying to remove them again.
biggrin.gif

They still sound amazing. Can't tell if they are better because the cable is in all the way or not. They were awesome before, and they are still awesome. Can't asked for more than that.

Tiny Dancer really just soars with the HD600s.
beerchug.gif

I told you not to be such a scardy cat. Now you can relax and have fun.

Mar 5, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #10,644 of 23,482

They're sorted. Just weren't in all the way. You do have to put some serious pressure on them. Now they're so secure I fear trying to remove them again. :D

Tiny Dancer really just soars with the HD600s.:beerchug:

I had the same "loose cable" trouble with the right earpiece of my 600s. I kept losing sound and had to wiggle the connector around. I was convinced that I had a defective unit, after waiting years to get these. Finally I simply jammed the connector in, with much more force than I had dared to do, and the "defect" was "cured." It is funny how upset you can get yourself with something like this! Enjoy your 600s!

Mar 5, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #10,645 of 23,482
I had the same "loose cable" trouble with the right earpiece of my 600s. I kept losing sound and had to wiggle the connector around. I was convinced that I had a defective unit, after waiting years to get these. Finally I simply jammed the connector in, with much more force than I had dared to do, and the "defect" was "cured." It is funny how upset you can get yourself with something like this! Enjoy your 600s!

The first time I took the cable off was to measure the single wire resistance and the line capacitance. When I went to put it back in I was hesitant due to the amount of force it needed. Once I manned up, I got it in.

Mar 5, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #10,646 of 23,482
It helped to have you folk reassuring me that it would be okay to put a little extra elbow grease into it. Thanks.

Mar 5, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #10,647 of 23,482
It helped to have you folk reassuring me that it would be okay to put a little extra elbow grease into it. Thanks.

It also takes a little extra elbow grease to take it out. Found that out when I swapped cables. They use much lower profile plugs than the HD650 so you end up having to hold the strain relief to pull them out. Felt utterly terrifying; thought I was gonna break the cable and the plug would be stuck inside!

Mar 6, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #10,648 of 23,482
I think I found a pretty good pairing with the HD 600 tonight. A significant other at 26 weeks, baking up a boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back