Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Jul 1, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #7,951 of 23,482
  Finally finished my comparison of HD600 and HD700.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/725127/comparison-review-a-tale-of-two-sennheisers-hd600-vs-hd700

Surprisingly (for me anyway) the HD700 will be going - and I did genuinely enjoy having it.  The HD600 though just shows why it is such a timeless headphone - still deserving of hi-fi status IMO.

I really enjoyed the reading, a very well written comparison! It seems that I'll be gladly keeping my HD600 :)

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #7,954 of 23,482
I'm still very new to this scene so... yea.
Didn't even know there was such a brand until you mentioned.

I'm re-listening to Mumford and Sons and Bon Iver on these hd600s, and I never noticed the instruments in the background on my old whatever brand headphones. Feels like a completely different album.  
And this is me totally enjoying it: 
atsmile.gif

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #7,955 of 23,482

I'm re-listening to Mumford and Sons and Bon Iver on these hd600s, and I never noticed the instruments in the background on my old whatever brand headphones. Feels like a completely different album.  
atsmile.gif

Re-listen to everything you have, and you may surprised at all the things that were buried in the background.

Jul 3, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #7,956 of 23,482

atsmile.gif

That is how you know, an audio upgrade was worth it, when you listen again all the music, you like. :)
I also enjoy my HD600 very much. I listen to them almost every day :)

Jul 4, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #7,957 of 23,482
IMO, Audinst MX2 make the HD600 sound laid back. Really not my liking. HD600 is a sweet can. Sometimes managed to beat HD800 in some genre.

Jul 5, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #7,958 of 23,482
What does laid back mean? Sorry, I don't have any other equipment to compare with.

But I did get the Audinst MX2 and this is the difference:
I can finally bump up my volume to an comfortable level
there's no "bzzt bzzt' noise in the background when I do max out the PC volume
the music is more "around" my ear than before
and the bass in the music aren't as snappy (is that the right word?)

And best part, after a long "discussion" with the sales guy, I got the MX2 at 328SGD which should be around 260USD.
And a free RCA to 3.5mm cable for my cheapo creative speakers.

Listening to Ed Sheeren's Afire Love now.
I don't think the grin can get any wider
atsmile.gif

Jul 7, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #7,962 of 23,482
I do prefer my DT-880 for acoustic instruments...somehow - acoustic instruments sound inflated by the HD600. But that is my own opinion. Totally subjective. I love Jazz, Fusion and Rock on these cans...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back