Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Oct 29, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #737 of 23,482
I only cut a hole at the middle of the foam, and (hd 580) got new grills.

Reference is Kramer's Darth Sennheiser thread

Nov 2, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #739 of 23,482
Hello HD600 users!
I like the HD600 a ton. Although it could be a little brighter, I basically love the sound signature. I don't find them comfortable enough for long use. I've read that the Audio Technica line is good for less clamp/bigger heads. In your experience, is there one in the Audio Technica line that has a similar signature to the HD600?

Nov 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #740 of 23,482

Quote:
Hello HD600 users!
I like the HD600 a ton. Although it could be a little brighter, I basically love the sound signature. I don't find them comfortable enough for long use. I've read that the Audio Technica line is good for less clamp/bigger heads. In your experience, is there one in the Audio Technica line that has a similar signature to the HD600?

Not sure about Audio Technica, but I think Beyer DT880 could be what you're looking for. Both DT880 and HD600 are fantastic headphones but I thought the Beyers were little brighter. I personally find HD600's brightness perfect.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 2, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #741 of 23,482

Quote:
Eee Pee,
In the end, I liked the senns better in stock form. They sort of lose a little of their creamy charm with that mod.

Like the HD600 in stock form too. Personally and in a subjective manner, using different cables is good.  If that's a mod.

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #742 of 23,482

Quote:
Not sure about Audio Technica, but I think Beyer DT880 could be what you're looking for. Both DT880 and HD600 are fantastic headphones but I thought the Beyers were little brighter. I personally find HD600's brightness perfect.
smily_headphones1.gif

Great advice!  I had both - and the DT880 is quite similar but with:
 - slightly recessed mids (compared to HD600)
 - better bass extension and a little more emphasis
 - better high extension, and also slightly more detailed

I did find them more comfortable.  Responds well to tubes - and helps warm the mid-range a little.

I'm same as TobaccoRoad - prefer the HD600 - but after selling my DT880s I still miss them - they really are a wonderful can!

Nov 2, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #743 of 23,482

Quote:
Like the HD600 in stock form too. Personally and in a subjective manner, using different cables is good.  If that's a mod.

I just discovered some awesome cables recently by the way. I have never heard as big an improvement from interconnects in the $100 level as these Pro CO interconnects I'm using right now. They are so good, I am having some made for my hd600s as we speak. I have a feeling they'll sound better than the equinox cables that I had before. Plus they are relatively cheap!

Nov 2, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #744 of 23,482
I'm typically VERY hesitant to mod something that can't be put back to stock, which in this case is the little outer foam over the hole behind the driver.  But not this time.  I was easily swayed after reading this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/577060/irvine-orange-county-meet-impressions

I did pause for a second before yanking out the little foam... but only for a second.

Nov 2, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #745 of 23,482

Quote:
I just discovered some awesome cables recently by the way. I have never heard as big an improvement from interconnects in the $100 level as these Pro CO interconnects I'm using right now. They are so good, I am having some made for my hd600s as we speak. I have a feeling they'll sound better than the equinox cables that I had before. Plus they are relatively cheap!

Would love to know those cables.  Am trying to look for a 10 ft cable for the HD600. The silver dragon v3 is only 5ft and a longer one allows for more movement. Tried the stock cables last week as they are longer.  I had to install the silver dragon again as didn't get excited with the stock cables. Let me know how those cables turn out.

Nov 3, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #747 of 23,482
Man, I've only had these since Monday and they've already eclipsed every set of headphones/IEMs I own. Everything just sounds so wonderful and euphonic through these cans.

One song I've found does an excellent job at making these sing is Stevie Wonder's "Visions"

I love these so much! They're everything I'd hoped they would be when I ordered them and so much more.
beyersmile.png

Nov 3, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #748 of 23,482

Quote:
Man, I've only had these since Monday and they've already eclipsed every set of headphones/IEMs I own. Everything just sounds so wonderful and euphonic through these cans.

One song I've found does an excellent job at making these sing is Stevie Wonder's "Visions"

I love these so much! They're everything I'd hoped they would be when I ordered them and so much more.
beyersmile.png

I've only got about 3-4 hours on mine and I feel the same way.  Just loving these things.  I keep thinking "There's nothing missing".  Highs, lows, mids: It's all there.  These cans are the complete package.  Really loving the sound-stage and the detail as well.  They've sounded great since I plugged them in.  I owe a big "Thank You" to this thread for helping talk me into getting these.

Nov 5, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #750 of 23,482

Users who are viewing this thread

Back