Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Mar 7, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #6,932 of 23,499
  New hd 600 owner, Which Toxic cables should i get for my hd 600? Any recommendations?

HD650 cable is recommended by a lot of people because it's cheap and a bit thicker.  I haven't had any problems with the build quality of the stock HD600 cable though.  

Don't think you'll find too many answers here about cables.  I can guarantee you people are going to say "I think the engineers that made the HD600s did a better job than any 3rd party vendor could." :3

Mar 7, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #6,933 of 23,499
  New hd 600 owner, Which Toxic cables should i get for my hd 600? Any recommendations?

I'd stick with the stock cable or the HD650 cable unless you have no better use for the money. 

Or if you want a shorter cable you can always go for some of the cheaper options. My 1.3m Oyaide cable cost me around 60 bucks. It's not the cheapest thing out there, but hey, the thing looks pretty damn good 
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #6,934 of 23,499
I'd stick with the stock cable or the HD650 cable unless you have no better use for the money. 

Or if you want a shorter cable you can always go for some of the cheaper options. My 1.3m Oyaide cable cost me around 60 bucks. It's not the cheapest thing out there, but hey, the thing looks pretty damn good :D

I wanna know if any toxic cable owners here who have a good combination with the hd 600. Ps I'm a strong believer of toxic cables providing improved sound quality :D

Mar 7, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #6,936 of 23,499
I wanna know if any toxic cable owners here who have a good combination with the hd 600. Ps I'm a strong believer of toxic cables providing improved sound quality
biggrin.gif

Well Frank recommended the Black Widow a few weeks back when I asked him for something to make the HD600 less bright. I didn't go for it since I ended up buying my WA6, but perhaps you can look around the threads linked above ^. 

Mar 7, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #6,937 of 23,499
Well it is the 600 appreciation thread!

So true!  What was I thinking?

I think I mean to say cult like behavior coming from the Senheisser crowd in general.  The HD600/650/700/800 neither are flawless on it's own.  The Cult of Sennheisser gets a bit ridiculous sometimes IMHO.  I could post that on any of the threads...but I think the HD600 thread contains knowledgeable and very open minded posters in general. 

Mar 7, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #6,938 of 23,499

Well it is the 600 appreciation thread!

I think I mean to say cult like behavior coming from the Senheisser crowd in general.  The HD600/650/700/800 neither are flawless on it's own.  The Cult of Sennheisser gets a bit ridiculous sometimes IMHO.  I could post that on any of the threads...but I think the HD600 thread contains knowledgeable and very open minded posters in general. 

No headphone is without its flaws. I like to use this reality as a handy tool for filtering all of the head-fi... uh... "noise". Hehe. Those who understand that no headphone is perfect, and can quickly and effectively spot their flaws rather than getting endlessly lost in the admittedly euphoric experience of listening, are the ones who's impressions I tend to trust. :wink:

I love each one of my headphones in different ways, flaws and all. :)

Mar 7, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #6,939 of 23,499

You are unworthy.

God has one name: Sennheiser.
You must bow and repeat....

Mar 7, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #6,940 of 23,499
Oh no...I have blasphemed the God of headphones.
biggrin.gif

Senheisser...please forgive me.  I shall now present the sacrificial NOS tube for forgiveness.

Mar 7, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #6,941 of 23,499

Funny you mention this.
My wife continually tells me that ALL of Headfi resembles a cult....

Mar 8, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #6,945 of 23,499
I've been doing some more comparisons between hd600 and 650 on my hdvd800, it's great because I can run them at the same time. It's a clear win for the hd600 . They have more air and soundstage without conceding in any other way. The 650 sound slightly dull and closed in when listened to directly after. I could see how someone would prefer the 650s presentation but for me it's all about instrument separation and Detail without being bright or harsh. The 600s are excellent at this . They are even more laid back than the 650s IMO but they have more detail too. I find the mid range to be very similar to the HD800s but they do fall short especially in bass detail and control. The highs are better than I was expecting, I find them more distant and and less 'real / detailed' when comparing directly to the HD800 but this is picky really and they cost 4 times more! Are they worth 4 times more? In my opinion yes but without comparing them directly side by side I would happily live with the hd600s without feeling the need to upgrade. They really are a brilliant all round headphone .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back