Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Oct 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #4,876 of 23,456

That being said on my headphone sabbatical I also learned to appreciate my speakers as well:
  1. The imaging was precise and layered with the speakers; versus with the HD600's at times I felt that it was harder to mentally place instruments.
  2. Soundstage was (duh) amazing with speakers (it helps that they are a single-driver design)
  3. On certain tracks the realism of the presentation was so stunning that I could picture the artist in front of me.  I never had this experience with the HD600's. 

You're ready for HD800 ... 
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #4,877 of 23,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsound 

That being said on my headphone sabbatical I also learned to appreciate my speakers as well:
  1. The imaging was precise and layered with the speakers; versus with the HD600's at times I felt that it was harder to mentally place instruments.
  2. Soundstage was (duh) amazing with speakers (it helps that they are a single-driver design)
  3. On certain tracks the realism of the presentation was so stunning that I could picture the artist in front of me.  I never had this experience with the HD600's. 
  You're ready for HD800 ... 
biggrin.gif

I love spending someone else's money. If only I could keep the HD800's. 
happy_face1.gif

Oct 25, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #4,878 of 23,456

Then again at this point I am wooed by the SRH1540 to consider selling both my cans for it. I dunno, it just looks like something I'd enjoy.

An outfit that carries not one replacement part for its headphones (apart from accessories) and has no facility to carry out a single repair, isn't my idea of a manufacturer worthy of my money. They just stick their logo on the side of an Asian manufacturer's anonymous gear that they get an exclusive on, and buy it so dirt cheap that it's not even worth their trouble to service them.
Ironic that this brand should be mentioned in an HD600 thread, with Sennheiser being the polar opposite in every respect.

Oct 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #4,879 of 23,456
Oct 25, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #4,881 of 23,456
dsound: Which loudspeakers are you rolling with? I have a full-range loudspeaker to reference against my HD600 as well. Very different experiences, to put it mildly.

I also dig that Tycho track.
beerchug.gif

Oct 26, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #4,882 of 23,456
  dsound: Which loudspeakers are you rolling with? I have a full-range loudspeaker to reference against my HD600 as well. Very different experiences, to put it mildly.

I also dig that Tycho track.
beerchug.gif

Hey OJNeg, glad you like the Tycho track 
bigsmile_face.gif

I'm currently using the Blumenstein Orca's with a small DIY-SET amp.  I love the sound coming out of them.  The Orcas use the 3" Fostex FE83En drivers.  I love 'em, very musical and non-fatiguing. 

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #4,884 of 23,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD 

Could be worse, Back to Beats. 
evil_smiley.gif

I could not stop myself from laughing. so funny
eek.gif

Why all the pro footballers like to wear the beats

Forgive them Head-Fier for they know not what they do.

Oct 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #4,885 of 23,456
My 600s have been looking a lot like a well worn in pair of slippers lately.  In a good way.  Lately, mostly powered by the Schiit Mjolnir.  I've practically forgotten about the 700 and 800s I have.  

Not really, but you know... 
ph34r.gif

I don't really like the term end game, but this could be a good example of that.  Neutral, natural, easy.  Non offensive.  Non fatiguing.  Non veiled.  Clear and content.  A nice Spring day.  Easy like Sunday morning.

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #4,886 of 23,456
Boy, it's been a long time since I've been able to research audio gear - I've been that busy.

But one thing I have learned is that I should look into a Bottlehead Crack for my 600s. The pairing sounds fantastic.

I haven't had a chance to look though the entire thread (it's long!) but what do folks thing about the 600s with the old discontinued David Berning Micro ZOTL?

I got a ZOTL way back when it first came out and really like it. I modded it, though, rolling some resistors, film caps, and potentiometer. Much clearer and neutral afterward, burI think I lost something in the rhythm and pace along the way.

Currently I'm using a FiiO E0K9 and am very satisfied with it, though I understand it is not the last word in amplification for the 600s.

Oct 27, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #4,888 of 23,456
Boy, it's been a long time since I've been able to research audio gear - I've been that busy.

But one thing I have learned is that I should look into a Bottlehead Crack for my 600s. The pairing sounds fantastic.

I haven't had a chance to look though the entire thread (it's long!) but what do folks thing about the 600s with the old discontinued David Berning Micro ZOTL?

I got a ZOTL way back when it first came out and really like it. I modded it, though, rolling some resistors, film caps, and potentiometer. Much clearer and neutral afterward, burI think I lost something in the rhythm and pace along the way.

Currently I'm using a FiiO E0K9 and am very satisfied with it, though I understand it is not the last word in amplification for the 600s.

Wow Micro ZOTL. I remember those. Remember them being very, nice sounding amps. Not the most attractive. Take a look here.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/5161/zotl-power-to-hd600

Oct 29, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #4,890 of 23,456
So....

I got to work before 8:30am this morning. It is almost 2am and I'll be here for at least two more hours. I was getting slightly drowsy, so I slipped on my HD600s that I keep at work and fired up Hem's album "Departure and Farewell". Wow...chills down my spine. I'm awake again! I love the HD600s and always will.

Back to work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back