Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Aug 17, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #3,856 of 23,482
Quote:
using foobar2000 in the configuration for output there is a "wasapi: speakers: event: odac" and a "wasapi: speakers: push: odac"
is there any difference between them, i noticed a slight difference when i changed the output from default to the wasapi:xf_eek:dac but it's hard to tell between the event/push.

I've noticed no difference in sound between "wasapi event" and previous versions of the wasapi plug-in, but a huge difference in memory use and general performance. Wasapi event fixed a memory leak that would slow my computer to a crawl. 

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #3,858 of 23,482
Quote:
 Its like a present from my past self! 

Hmmm, I like the sound of that.  Now to go hide something.  

Or maybe look for things I can't seem to find.  Though that will probably drive me crazy.

Fine, I'll do nothing.  It's easier.  You almost got me!

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #3,859 of 23,482
Quote:
Ha ha, just been shifting some boxes I had stored, and found a pair of HD 600's I thought I had lost in a house move years ago.  Its like a present from my past self! They sound pretty sweet.

Nice! I just found a CD I had no idea I had. Not as exciting though 
cool.gif

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #3,861 of 23,482
I'm thinking about getting the hd600 over the he-400 mainly due to the comfort and neutrality it bares over the hifimans, but I really want something that hits faster and has better imaging. Is there a good DAC and/or amp to pair with the hd600s to turn them towards the headphones I want?

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #3,864 of 23,482
Quote:
I'm thinking about getting the hd600 over the he-400 mainly due to the comfort and neutrality it bares over the hifimans, but I really want something that hits faster and has better imaging. Is there a good DAC and/or amp to pair with the hd600s to turn them towards the headphones I want?

I had the hifiman's before the hd600's and am very happy with the swap. While the Hifiman's do have a tighter bass (especially noticeable when listening to rock with snares) I enjoy the senn's so much more. The comfort is such a huge factor for me, I couldn't wear the hifiman's for more than half an hour/45 mins before getting uncomfortable. Also I've grown to like the natural sound of the senns :)

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #3,866 of 23,482
Quote:

Amps and DACs may tweak the sound a little bit, but if you don't like the headphones, there's nothing you can do to change that. You should find a different headphone that suits your listening tastes.

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #3,867 of 23,482
Quote:
Amps and DACs may tweak the sound a little bit, but if you don't like the headphones, there's nothing you can do to change that. You should find a different headphone that suits your listening tastes.

In retrospect, I could probably get something faster and balance it out by equalizer and/or amping assuming the other headphones I wanted were comfortable enough for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back