Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Sep 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #1,816 of 23,456
Sep 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #1,818 of 23,456
Quote:
Aren't the Fischer DBA2 considered analytical IEMs?   Have you heard SM3?   You might like them due to their mid-centric sound signature, and wide soundstage.

The DBA2 / B2 have a forward mid range, and pronounced and detailed high end - I still enjoyed them immensely though.  And yes - I heard the SM3 V2 - actually had a loaner for almost a week.  Without doubt the most boring "high-end" IEMs I'd ever heard.  Dull and lifeless to my ears.  I know others rate them highly - I couldn't get rid of them quickly enough.  Just not my taste I guess.

Sep 18, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #1,819 of 23,456
Quote:
OK, bit the bullet...after going back and forth between the 600 and 650, I went for the Dakmart special on the 600's (it didn't seem clear cut that the 650's were even favored by everyone). I mostly have used a large number of iem's (TF10, etys, Miles Davis, and quite a few others), though I have dabbled a bit with closed phones, never open ones (mine never felt comfortable, hard to listen for a long time). Anyway, I bought an iBasso T3 a while back on a whim (was cheap), hardly use it (also own a HiSound Studio, but had problems with it, and I think it will spend the next 6 months or so going back and forth between New Jersey and China, if I ever see it again). Will the T3 be enough to power the Senn's? (use ipod touch/ipad/Razr Maxx, and 1 PC, 1 iMac).
Thanks

The T3 will be give you the volume you need, but it's probably not ideal.  I would suggest a desktop amp for the HD600.  Something like the Fiio's new E09k would be good if you can swing the extra cash.

Sep 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #1,820 of 23,456
Quote:

The DBA2 / B2 have a forward mid range, and pronounced and detailed high end - I still enjoyed them immensely though.  And yes - I heard the SM3 V2 - actually had a loaner for almost a week.  Without doubt the most boring "high-end" IEMs I'd ever heard.  Dull and lifeless to my ears.  I know others rate them highly - I couldn't get rid of them quickly enough.  Just not my taste I guess.

x2    :p

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #1,821 of 23,456
Quote:

The T3 will be give you the volume you need, but it's probably not ideal.  I would suggest a desktop amp for the HD600.  Something like the Fiio's new E09k would be good if you can swing the extra cash.

Thanks-I'll look into it

Sep 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #1,822 of 23,456
Does anyone here have any cool ideas for a custom HD600? I hate how it looks, so I thought about ordering a black one from customcans.co.uk, but does anyone have any cool ideas for a color to replace those blue marble colors of the HD600?

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #1,825 of 23,456
Funny, I wish I could make my HD-580 blue and marbley. You always want what you don't have.
tongue.gif

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #1,826 of 23,456
Quote:
I love those blue marble colors of the HD600 since it makes it unique.

Quote:
Funny, I wish I could make my HD-580 blue and marbley. You always want what you don't have.
tongue.gif

I agree, I love the unique blue marble look. When I initially bought my HD600's I was very new the world of quality headphones, all I knew was that Sennheiser was the shiz (I had gone through two PC150 headsets prior to that and was blown away at how good the headphones on them sounded for a cheap headset) and that the HD600 was a bit more neutral compared to the HD650 but the real reason I went with the HD600 was the blue marble paint job. Lucky for me, after getting the HD600 and some other quality 'phones and learning much, much more about mid- and hi-grade headphones, I realized I had lucked out and made the perfect decision and would still go with the HD600 if I had it to do all over again. You just can't go wrong with these 'phones. :)

That said, daniel521, I would love to see what kind of custom paint job you come up with. customcans.co.uk does some really impressive work.

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #1,827 of 23,456
Quote:

I agree, I love the unique blue marble look. When I initially bought my HD600's I was very new the world of quality headphones, all I knew was that Sennheiser was the shiz (I had gone through two PC150 headsets prior to that and was blown away at how good the headphones on them sounded for a cheap headset) and that the HD600 was a bit more neutral compared to the HD650 but the real reason I went with the HD600 was the blue marble paint job. Lucky for me, after getting the HD600 and some other quality 'phones and learning much, much more about mid- and hi-grade headphones, I realized I had lucked out and made the perfect decision and would still go with the HD600 if I had it to do all over again. You just can't go wrong with these 'phones. :)

That said, daniel521, I would love to see what kind of custom paint job you come up with. customcans.co.uk does some really impressive work.

Im still trying to enjoy the marble paint, but I just don't seem to like it. I still can't think of a unique color, perhaps a dark metallic blue or something.

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #1,829 of 23,456
The first few times I saw the marbled design, I was disappointed since it reminded me of the cheap linoleum print you'd find in houses built in the 80s.  Over time though, the marbled finish has really grown on me and I love it now.  In my mind, it's become timeless while featuring a, paradoxically, unique & ubiquitous look at the same time.  It's an unmistakable "Sennheiser" trademark of sorts.  Now, I very much appreciate the classic look & couldn't imagine having an HD600 without it.. that classic look goes hand in hand with the classic HD600 sound.

Sep 19, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #1,830 of 23,456
Quote:
The first few times I saw the marbled design, I was disappointed since it reminded me of the cheap linoleum print you'd find in houses built in the 80s.  Over time though, the marbled finish has really grown on me and I love it now.  In my mind, it's become timeless while featuring both a, paradoxically, unique & ubiquitous look at the same time.  It's an unmistakable "Sennheiser" trademark of sorts.  Now, I very much appreciate the classic look & couldn't imaging having an HD600 without it.. that classic look goes hand in hand with the classic sound.

Eloquently put.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back