Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Mar 9, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #167 of 23,433

Quote:
DAAAAMNIT

My order was cancelled. Apparently the store is sold out

You sure it wasn't because they found out about your international drug smuggling activities?
beyersmile.png

Mar 10, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #170 of 23,433

You sure it wasn't because they found out about your international drug smuggling activities? 
beyersmile.png

OMG

Mar 10, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #172 of 23,433
It is and it isn't. The sound is completely addictive (hence the drug comment) but actually the bass is less defined. THe highs are nothing to write home about....BUT the MIDS are pure gold and so is the sound-staging - unbelievable...

Use the Cardas recable - helps out the bass somewhat - use the right amp ( mine are Ray Samuels) and the HD600 performs just right...

There is something to these headphones - just go hear them...

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #173 of 23,433

Quote:
Why is this model that good?

I'd say they're great because they're nearly flawless.  They are a little warm and lush, so you have to take care to use them with clean & neutral amp.  With my very neutral dac and SS amp, they have good treble detail & extension and clean, punchy bass.  Their mids are truly great and they have a very good sense of space.  If they have a weakness, they can be a bit soft in bass impact but that's not something I miss or notice.  With other headphones I've owned, I really hear the flaws (Grados are bright, Denons have weak mids,  AKG lack bass, Shures have a small sense of space, Beyers have harsh treble).  With HD600 I hear glorious, nearly flawless music. That may not seem like much, but it's something not many headphones can achieve.

Mar 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #174 of 23,433
I agree. They just have slightly lighter bass, but IMHO I still think they are just right in quality and quantity. These are perfect all-rounders and the detail they reveal are amazing. Of all the headphones I will purchase and own now, these will probably still be my all time favorite.
L3000.gif

Mar 11, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #175 of 23,433

Quote:
I agree. They just have slightly lighter bass, but IMHO I still think they are just right in quality and quantity. These are perfect all-rounders and the detail they reveal are amazing. Of all the headphones I will purchase and own now, these will probably still be my all time favorite.
L3000.gif

Ever since I got the Senns, my 990s haven't been used much, just for some Jazz now and then. The 600 are just such a good allrounder. Do you still use your 990s?

Mar 11, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #176 of 23,433
They are most certainly a great all rounder - but I do think they suit some kinds of music better than others. I would certainly avoid using them on classical music - but jazz/ blues/ blues grass/pop/ rock etc..absolutely

Mar 11, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #178 of 23,433
In my opinion - the T1s are the best headphone I have ever heard - much better than the HD800s too. So the HD 600 do not compare but that doesn't take anything away from the HD600 - they are a wonderful favorite headphone.

The T1s, IMO, offer much more clarity and instrumental spacing, timbral specificity and all registers are just perfect - crisp and yet there is depth - you are put in exactly the right seat in the house in terms of sound staging. 

But this isn't a thread on the T1s so I better shut up. Still - I own the HD 600 and there is nothing like it for certain kinds of music - personally I think electric guitars on this can really can't be beaten...

Just listen to Santana, Zappa or John McLaughlin with these cans - OMG 

Mar 11, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #179 of 23,433

Quote:

Ever since I got the Senns, my 990s haven't been used much, just for some Jazz now and then. The 600 are just such a good allrounder. Do you still use your 990s?

Well I just received the DT990s recently so I haven't spent too much time with them yet. They definitely have their own purpose with the nice soundstage, sharp highs, and goes down deep in the lows. It's a completely different sound, but I still prefer the HD600 for just sitting back, relaxing, and letting the music take me away. The DT990 are more for when I want to rock out and headbang with the music.
L3000.gif

Mar 21, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #180 of 23,433
I just picked up a set from another user on head-fi.

I'm not running them amped so far - just out of the headphone output on my logitech speakers, from my computer. (amp is coming soon)

Plenty of detail (although I can imagine where they'll improve with a proper amp/source). I'm hearing the players breathe in. I'm loving the twang of stanley clarke's bass. I would like for a bit more oomph in the low treble/high mids. We'll see if they come out when the source is improved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back