Sennheiser HD 598, starting to crack.
May 27, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #61 of 77
I've never heard the 598's, but from what I've read they sound like an absolutely cracking pair of headphones.

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #62 of 77
I have read that a few of you may be self-correcting this cracking problem with super glue. I just wanted to know in the longer run how is this working for you? I sorta want to avoid the hassle of sending them in for repair, if there is a homemade fix.

Sep 6, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #64 of 77
I have a pair of HD 558's and I just slightly loosed the screws that hold the band together behind where the cracks start. Maybe it will remove some of the pressure that causes them to crack. There are 2 little screws on each side. Let's see how they hold up :)

Sep 17, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #65 of 77
Has anyone sent theres in to Sennheiser for repair/replacement. I have sent in my Hd 558s and they told me it would take about 2 weeks before they send them back. In the mean time I was wondering if anyone had any pics of a repaired/revised version that fixed the cracking problem?

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #73 of 77
--Grado sr60i > ATH M-50 > V-MODA crossfade M80 > Sennheiser HD 598--

I had locked my decision for this delicious "capucino" looks and gorgeous sound stage. But, after see this thread, hmm.. 300$ (indonesia) is not worthed.

"Crackpucino"

M80: Bass Lover
SR60i: Uncomfortable

So I will buy ATH M50 for my 1st Headphone

Mar 22, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #75 of 77
I feel all of you use these at quite a heavy use.
But I do as well, I use these, I'm very gentle, I've always been quite gentle with these, just because it's mandatory.
These cracks haven't formed, we're in 2015 now, so I'd hope it'd all been mastered by now.
I really only use these at a desktop while listening on the computer, I plan on getting another pair of HD558s' soon, and I'd expect the same.
Plus they'll only be used for relaxed listening, not crazy things.

I'm sorry to say it, but it seems you guys are extremely rough with these, rough in the sense that you don't notice it.
If you reply to this, please quote my post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back