Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Aug 29, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #1,638 of 7,535
Quote:

The E10 doesn't sound like it has any lack of treble to my ears. In fact, one impression I got was that it had more than my HRT MSII!

I'll be glad when I can finally decide on a new DAC or even...(gasp)..sound card. The soundcard option is highly unlikely. The Titanium HD and Xonar DX (not DG) measure very well it seems.

I want to get the Headroom Micro DAC, but it's a bit more than I want to pay at the moment. Maybe I can sell off all my headphones to buy it!

Dacport LX looks good. I hate how all these DACs are supposed to be perfectly neutral, but they sure never sound that way. I hope the Odac REALLY is.

It's weird how all my full sized CD players and soundcards have all sounded more neutral than my computer DACs.

Speaking of full sized CDP's can you recommend an amp/receiver etc. for a full sized CDP and a HD598 setup? Speakers are not a consideration for this setup right now.

Aug 29, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #1,639 of 7,535
Quote:
Yooooooooo back on headphones!!!
ph34r.gif

Taken with my Nikon :D

Edit:  Just showing my love for an amazing pair of headphones.  I had to take them off of my head long enough to snap a picture, but luckily I could edit and upload while using them :D

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #1,641 of 7,535
Quote:
Edit:  Just showing my love for an amazing pair of headphones.  I had to take them off of my head long enough to snap a picture, but luckily I could edit and upload while using them :D

While TxAggie has commented on your photo, you know you can't trust those Texas Aggies.

However, it really is a great photo and you can trust me: I'm an NMSU Aggie!

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #1,642 of 7,535
 "you know you can't trust those Texas Aggies."  Pretty bold statement!  An Aggie does not lie nor cheat nor steal.  Nor tolerate others that do.  

Who the hell is NMSU by the way??????  I have heard of a university at texas or somthing.

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #1,643 of 7,535
I am in a love hate relationship with these phones and my HD590's right now.  I am still breaking these in.  The detail is awesome!  Sound stage and separation....  not as good yet.....  The main difference is the sound pressure on my head.  The 590s have very little to no sound pressure where as the 650a ,600s, 598s feel a bit more constricting. 

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #1,644 of 7,535
Quote:

While TxAggie has commented on your photo, you know you can't trust those Texas Aggies.

However, it really is a great photo and you can trust me: I'm an NMSU Aggie!

Ooo, another one to add to the list hahaha  Aggies or Longhorns.

Luckily, I skipped both and went to the University of North Texas :D   One of the greatest Jazz programs in the nation (though I don't play).  Even the 598s can't compare to listening to those guys in person.

Aug 31, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #1,645 of 7,535
So it looks like I'm getting a pair of these in the next couple of weeks. I already have a Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 which I use for my DAC/AMP at my desktop atm, which I find OK with my SR-80's, but I just ordered an E7 too for using with my laptop.

I've seen a lot of people recommending the E7 and E9 together for better sound, but how does the E7 stand on it's own with these? Or has anyone got any experience with the focusrite?

I realise a lot of these questions have probably been answered, but I've been browsing this site all day and need some rest now :p 

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #1,646 of 7,535
Quote:
So it looks like I'm getting a pair of these in the next couple of weeks. I already have a Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 which I use for my DAC/AMP at my desktop atm, which I find OK with my SR-80's, but I just ordered an E7 too for using with my laptop.

I've seen a lot of people recommending the E7 and E9 together for better sound, but how does the E7 stand on it's own with these? Or has anyone got any experience with the focusrite?

I realise a lot of these questions have probably been answered, but I've been browsing this site all day and need some rest now :p 

The E7 will provide you with plenty of volume, so that won't be an issue.  I would wait and see how you feel about the sound of HD598 first before looking at any further amp upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back