Sennheiser HD 518 Vs. Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Vs. Audio Technica ATH-A700 Vs. Creative Aurvana Live
Jan 8, 2012 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

tigerdx619

Head-Fier
I'm a Beginner AudioPhile
Which OF These Is Better For Me To Start
Music : Rock/ Metal/Folk
I Will Use It Too much With HD Movies
Gaming Isn't Important ,,, Comfort Isn't Important
Quality Is the Most Important Thing
Budget 90$-120$ ,,, Can't Afford More Than That
I need Ur Opinions

Jan 8, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #3 of 9
Rock, metal, folk

grado or an alessandro

Jan 8, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #6 of 9
I have both Grado SR-60i's and AKG K240's, and prefer the AKG for movies/games. 

The Grado's are very much hit or miss...some people don't like their bright sound at all.  I am not one of those, I really like them for certain types of music, rock in particular, but there is no denying that they are something of a specialty headphone and not perfectly suited for all tasks or all listener's preferences.

The Creative Aurvana's will be more versatile, and are a good choice at the lower end of your budget.  (they go on sale periodically at Amazon for $60 or so...gotta keep your eye out for sales).

Since your budget goes all the way to $120, you can also consider some other good all rounders...like the KRK 8400 and Sony ZX700. 

Jan 8, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #7 of 9
I'd go with the Aurvana out of that group.  For a beginner those will be great as they are more versatile than any Grado.  Grado can only be used when you are alone in a quiet space.  And they are ONLY liked by people who love extreme amounts of treble.  Aurvana are bit more balanced, they provide some isolation, they do leak a lot, but still less than an open-air.  

Personally I'd look at other headphones like the Audio Technica M50, Shure SRH44/SRH840, KRK 8400, or even possibly the Skullcandy Aviator.  These are all comfortable I think, they sound good, good bass extension, pretty neutral and they provide isolation and don't leak.  They are good for being portable or just listening or mixing, or tracking.

Jan 8, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
I have both Grado SR-60i's and AKG K240's, and prefer the AKG for movies/games. 

The Grado's are very much hit or miss...some people don't like their bright sound at all.  I am not one of those, I really like them for certain types of music, rock in particular, but there is no denying that they are something of a specialty headphone and not perfectly suited for all tasks or all listener's preferences.

The Creative Aurvana's will be more versatile, and are a good choice at the lower end of your budget.  (they go on sale periodically at Amazon for $60 or so...gotta keep your eye out for sales).

Since your budget goes all the way to $120, you can also consider some other good all rounders...like the KRK 8400 and Sony ZX700. 

I DOn't Love Bright Sound Either ,,, But I Don't Want Just A Good Headphone ,,, I Want The Best Headphone I Can Buy In That Budget ,,, I Will See These Headphones You Mentioned
 I Like Aurvana Air ,,, But I Think Open Headphones Are Better ( I Don't Need isolation )

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
I'd go with the Aurvana out of that group.  For a beginner those will be great as they are more versatile than any Grado.  Grado can only be used when you are alone in a quiet space.  And they are ONLY liked by people who love extreme amounts of treble.  Aurvana are bit more balanced, they provide some isolation, they do leak a lot, but still less than an open-air.  

Personally I'd look at other headphones like the Audio Technica M50, Shure SRH44/SRH840, KRK 8400, or even possibly the Skullcandy Aviator.  These are all comfortable I think, they sound good, good bass extension, pretty neutral and they provide isolation and don't leak.  They are good for being portable or just listening or mixing, or tracking.

Thanks ,,, Which One Would You Prefer In Those You Mentioned For Movies And Music (Symphonic Metal & Doom Metal  ) gaming isn't important

Users who are viewing this thread

Back