Sennheiser HD 25-SP II compared to AudioTechnica ES-7 and Shure SRH440?
Dec 10, 2011 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Spardasieg

100+ Head-Fier
How do these 3 compare? I had the ES-7 and they broke down, they were pretty uncomfortable anyways although I did like the sound. I just bought the SRH440 but they are even more uncomfortable to me, been wearing them the last couple of days and man do they hurt the top of my head and my ears pretty badly...

So I was looking at the Sennheiser HD 25-SP II, they cost a bit more then the SRH440 where I go(30 more then the SRH440) but I much rather go and get them if they are comfortable and sound good like the SRH440 which to me are the best sounding ones I have tried so far, better then my ES-7s at least. I want to keep my budget under 100 and I like the idea of removable cords, also how much worse are these then the HD 25-1 II? I heard those were great but cannot afford them.

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #8 of 11
They compare horribly, I went with the HD25-1 II, there is a guy who sells them for 135 used on amazon, they came in brand new condition, totally worth it.

Sp should be 50 bucks in my opinion.

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #10 of 11

Quote:

Thanks. That's all I needed to know. I'll cross those right off my list then.

Based on one person's comments only??

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
Based on one person's comments only??

Unless anybody has more to add, though I'm not holding my breath. Information on these is pretty scarce around here, so I'll take what I can get. All the other comments about them I was able to find were also very negative. Apparently they don't even begin to come close to HD25-1's, and a few other people also said they were way overpriced for their sound. I just hadn't heard from anybody who had also heard SRH440's specifically. Even if they were a little worse than SRH440's I could more than live with them as a portable, but the fact that all the comments are that negative is enough for me to just suck it up and hold out for HD25-1's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back