Sennheiser Gains New MOMENTUM
Sep 13, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #271 of 461
This is strange... why would razordogdeals have the Momentums available but no Apple store? Also, i can't seem to find the Momentum on any other website. What's the deal?

Just a guess, but. All things being equal, let's pretend that Apple's distribution center received their shipment at the same time as RDD. RDD can sell them immediately, whereas Apple has to let them flow through their supply chain to get to their stores. Apple would also need more time to make sure that the product is displayed at the same time in all their stores and possibly on their website. There is also the possibility that RDD is selling them before they actually have them. To my knowledge, there is no launch date restriction so retailers can begin selling them as soon as they get them.

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #272 of 461
Quote:
Lol...who is that guy, and why is he posting before taking his medication?

Lol, no idea.  He seems to have beef about something, just can't figure out what it is.  I know post counts don't mean much, but seriously 16 posts and he's the self-appointed defender of Jude's respect?  w.e.i.r.d.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #273 of 461
Quote:

Just a guess, but. All things being equal, let's pretend that Apple's distribution center received their shipment at the same time as RDD. RDD can sell them immediately, whereas Apple has to let them flow through their supply chain to get to their stores. Apple would also need more time to make sure that the product is displayed at the same time in all their stores and possibly on their website. There is also the possibility that RDD is selling them before they actually have them. To my knowledge, there is no launch date restriction so retailers can begin selling them as soon as they get them.

That would make sense. I just hope Apple ends up selling them through their online store. As mentioned before, I returned my Amperiors and I now have a store credit of 406$ witch is for the Momentum lol

Please let this work out for me : )

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. You gave me hope.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #274 of 461
Quote:
Great to hear.  Since no one has tried them and there are no solid reviews yet, what is your headphone return policy?  I did not see one on your web site.  Any take on their sound?

Answered my own question.  Since there would be a 10% restocking fee plus shipping both ways, I will see if I can audition locally before buying.

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #275 of 461
Quote:

Though the cable is thinner and flexible, it doesn't feel flimsy at all (to me). It also comes with an audio-only cable, with no remote/mic. (I don't have that cable with me right now, but I think it's the same as the other one, in terms of thickness and flexibility.) I prefer a thinner, more flexible cable when I'm on the go, and I'd prefer a cable this thin and flexible for, say, the Amperior (which has a pretty thick cable).

And the cable is detachable. I uploaded a photo I just took to the gallery to show the cable detached. (Sorry I didn't include a cable-detached photo in the set in the first place.) When the cable is inserted, it definitely does not look like it would detach because the plug seats quite deep in the cup, leaving just enough of the plug body sticking out to look more like a typical strain relief on a captive cable. Here's the photo:

By the way, here's a link to the Sennheiser MOMENTUM unboxing photos I posted.

I think I'll be posting first impressions of this headphone today or tomorrow, but I really like it. It's not what I'd call a reference headphone, per se, but it's very well executed for what it is (in my opinion).

SOLD

Sep 14, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #278 of 461
Quote:
Okay, this the most What answer I've ever read.

This is an answer from Sennheiser from my inquiry regarding an Android-compatible cable:

-------------------------------------

Good Afternoon Mr Lubczyk,

Thank you for contacting Sennheiser. At this time Sennheiser does
not offer an Android compatible microphone. The reason for this is
every phone manufacturer uses different wiring in their connection
ports which makes impossible to create a microphone that is
compatible across all models. If Sennheiser was to attempt to make a
microphone for each model and maintain the quality of audio that is
expected from Sennheiser the price would be far to high to justify
within the marketplace.

Have a great day.

--------------------------------

What? Different wiring?  You're telling me that relatively small-time companies like V-moda, Monster and Phillips can make Android along with Iphone mics for their headphones, while the world's largest headphone manufacturer can't?

Oh, and about the price being too high to justify Android' marketshare:

http://247wallst.com/2012/09/04/rim-market-share-heading-toward-zero/

Android has 52% of U.S. marketshare versus Apple's 33%. That's what they call not enough marketshare?

Wow...ummm, what a BS answer that is!  Even Bose, who has a direct partnership with Apple (see all their sound docks, home theater systems, etc.), still has fully compatible wire adapters for their headphones to mic into any phone.  That's a poor stance for a company (no I'm not bashing Sennheiser) to tip-toe around a simple adjustment.  It's not even an expense, it's just a matter of thinking of your customer base.

Sep 14, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #279 of 461
I wonder if Sennheiser are getting money from Apple to only provide iDevice controls. Even their inexpensive sports range are like this, indeed two of the latest iterations of that range now only come in the "i" version.

Sep 14, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #282 of 461
Not all Sennheisers have iOS-only controls. The CX275 for example works with iOS, Android, and other mic-supporting devices.

Ah, that's the only one I am aware of.

I guess they're just **** then. I really don't want to buy expensive headphones that stick me with a set of controls that are useless to me unless I use an iDevice.

Sep 14, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #283 of 461
Couldn't the lack of standardization between Android device manufacturers be part of the issue?

Sep 14, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #284 of 461
Quote:
Couldn't the lack of standardization between Android device manufacturers be part of the issue?

My thoughts exactly. In the case of the CX275 the controls are a simple answer call/mic button as is the case in many other headphones I've seen, which I'm assuming is easy to transfer between idevices and Android running devices.

Sep 14, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #285 of 461
Quote:
Wow...ummm, what a BS answer that is!  Even Bose, who has a direct partnership with Apple (see all their sound docks, home theater systems, etc.), still has fully compatible wire adapters for their headphones to mic into any phone.  That's a poor stance for a company (no I'm not bashing Sennheiser) to tip-toe around a simple adjustment.  It's not even an expense, it's just a matter of thinking of your customer base.

+1

I'll go further to say that I am bashing Sennheiser here.  Including different cabling options is neither a difficult nor costly proposition.  Especially with the super-thin, cheap-ass, mobile phone quality cables Sennheiser often likes to include.

To Sennheiser:  it's just a ******* additional cable/adapter (maybe two).  It is not difficult or costly - and you KNOW that.  Just ******* do it already you stingy-ass bitches!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back