Sennheiser Gains New MOMENTUM
Sep 15, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #301 of 461
Quote:
Sorry to say, but instant rebate does NOT apply towards Momentum.  There is a strict $349 MRP on this item and any errors have been fixed. Sorry! It's still an awesome headphone at $349!

May I aks what you mean by "fixed"? Website still shows $50 off in the cart. 

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #302 of 461
Quote:
May I aks what you mean by "fixed"? Website still shows $50 off in the cart. 

The code has been disabled for that product. If you haven't paid, it won't work any longer, Sorry! Only 2 orders came in with code and was caught right after. It was a simple HTML error on our part. Sennheiser has a strict $349 MRP on this product that we support.

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #303 of 461
Slight bummer about the code, but it is cool that a dealer is so accessible to at least explain the situation. 

Now, someone please post some impressions once they arrive, I am dying to find a nice closed can in this price range......

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #304 of 461
Wow, I feel lucky to have received the discount, however in error, but totally understand if rezordogdeals is unable to offer it going forward--seeing as they are authorized by Sennheiser and all.  DannyBai, great to see that you are expecting a pair as well.  Anyway, once the Momentum arrives (hopefully next week), I'll post my impressions and some sort of comparison with the Amperior. 

Sep 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #306 of 461
Quote:
The cynical side of me is becoming suspicious that this headphone is out and there is not one independent review online.  I hope that Sennheiser didn't come out with two $350 portables in a row that favor style over substance, but if they did, I take comfort in having a half dozen comparable choices releasing in the next few weeks.  Where, oh where is Jude's review?

Jude said he likes it so I don't think that's the case

Sep 15, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #307 of 461
Quote:
The cynical side of me is becoming suspicious that this headphone is out and there is not one independent review online.  I hope that Sennheiser didn't come out with two $350 portables in a row that favor style over substance, but if they did, I take comfort in having a half dozen comparable choices releasing in the next few weeks.  Where, oh where is Jude's review?

That's your opinion of the Amperior. There are many that like it better than the competition in sound without any consideration for style. The HD25 has been the top dog for awhile, and the Amperior is a better version of that, so you making it out to be a superficial release is just one opinion and not a consensus. Just keeping things in perspective
smile.gif

I'm hoping for a bigger soundstage and a similar sound with slightly less bass than the Amperior.

Sep 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #309 of 461
As swamped as I am right now, I should've known better than to make the promise of posting this a couple of days ago. But I did, so I'm sorry for being late with this, guys.

Here it is:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/627587/sennheiser-momentum-review

Sep 15, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #310 of 461
AWESOME!!! Thanks jude :D

Sep 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #311 of 461
Great Review, Jude!

But all in all, I'm a little let down. Not by the review, of course. But I was hoping for the Momentum to be pretty much exactly not this...except for the comfort, style and isolation.

Why, Oh Sennheiser, why?!

I was so looking forward to Thursday :frowning2: But I really can't imagine these being for me. It does actually make me think I'll like the Amperior more than I thought. The holy grail of closed, portable is still out there.

Boo, bass boost! Boo, market its going after! Boo!

Edit: That being said, I actually did kind of like the P5 in a guilty pleasure, I can't believe I'm enjoying this, kind of way. Since I'm using the HD600 at work, maybe this would be a nice foil.

Sep 15, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #312 of 461
Same here. I'm sure most of the market will go for that type of sound, but I can cross this one off my list. And that might be a good thing since there are so many options in out and coming out.

Sep 15, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #313 of 461
You can't really blame Sennheiser on trying to please the 50% consumer market that buy's Beats. Based on Jude review they seem to have bossted the bass but were able to get good mid and treble so it could be a good transistion headphone for the Beat crowd toward a more audiophile sound :D

We can only hope. I personaly prefer a balanced signature and like Jude use the DT1350 at work and liked them very much but for the pass two weeks I've discover that I can appreciate some accentuate bass from an underrate headphone in the Denon DN-HP700.

And thank you Jude for the great review and honest opinion on the Momentum.

Sep 15, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #314 of 461
I applaud what Sennheiser has done with Momentum.  It's about time Sennheiser properly addressed a fast growing market of bass lovers who demand the highest quality sound for portable listening and don't want to look like they are wearing Princess Leia hair buns.

Bass is not a four-letter word.  Well, it is, but you know what I mean.  Jude's excellent review and comparison to Amperior sounds like the exact signature I am looking for and I believe it is Sennheiser's answer to the M-100 which I expect is miles ahead of Beats/Souls/RZA/Marley/Roc Nation/Monster, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back