Sennheiser Gains New MOMENTUM
Sep 5, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #181 of 461
Quote:
Is it just me, or are they very reminiscent of the Philips Uptown... Same color scheme as well. Hope Sennheiser fanboys won't kill me ;o

I'm pretty sure people have already mentioned or have been thinking the same thing. The brown/silver color scheme is getting more popular it seems. Personally I'm not complaining, but a black option would be nice too for those who prefer it.

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #183 of 461
It sounds like Momentum will come out first through Apple and I don't want to wait two months for them to be available for in-store demo, so I may be compelled to order them so that I can evaluate.  I'm thinking they will probably come out the same week as the M-100, so I can't wait to A/B them and declare my personal winner.   The worst scenario financially would be if they both sound great, but distinctively different so that one is better with certain genres and vice-versa.  If this happens, I will probably find a way to justify both.  Either way, I WILL have new headphones before the end of the month.

Sep 6, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #184 of 461
Hello Craigster 75!

My comment WAS meant to provoke - BUT i missed an "ONLY" in there. What I meant of course was that: "The driver is not the ONLY major contributor to the sound" You cannot maka a good headphone from a bad driver - AND you cannot make a good headphone with a bad housing!!!

Just think the amperior is a bad example because the only thing changed is the material of the housing. If the momentum used the same driver it would have different size, shape and material of the cups, pads and heandband, housing, and that could change the sound as much or even more than new drivers!!

I am not trying to correct you personally and of course it is interesting if it has new drivers!
I just have seen a myth forming on headfi with some people that drivers are everything and all else only cosmetic, ergonomics or simply show off!!

My exaple with loudspeaker drivers was a less than 200$ seas coaxdriver that you could built some very nice speakers with for around 400$ a pair. But I have also heard 3000$ a pair speakers using the same driver that made me dream of owning them - And I have read a raving review of an open baffle speaker costing 14.000$ using.......SAME DRIVERS!!

So my only claim is that it is possible to dramatically change and maybe improve the sound of a phone by changing everything BUT the driver. The same would be true if you ONLY changed the driver
atsmile.gif
!!!!

OKAY? FRIENDS?

Sep 6, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #191 of 461
^ Well, if these don't work out, the Amperiors already sound more than slightly better than the HD25s, so you have options.

Sep 9, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #195 of 461
So this launches in mid-September of 2012 right? Not 2013? I only ask because with about a week to go till launch there seems to be a dearth of impressions or reviews. I appreciate the beautiful photos but some impressions about the sound would help.

This will be available through Apple Store exclusively like the Amperior? When is the exact launch date?

The fact that the plugs are not gold plated worry me. Not that I care about gold, but that Sennheiser wants to make more of a fashion statement than a sonic statement. But I guess as someone said earlier the proof will be in the pudding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back