Sennheiser Gains New MOMENTUM
Sep 11, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #211 of 461
Quote:

Well, Jude has mentioned before that he didn't post too many impressions if he didn't like 'x'/'y' headphones (or something like that)...

eek.gif

oh no... :frowning2: I really had high hopes for this headphone. I'm not giving up hope yet, jude might post some impressions later on.

Sep 11, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #212 of 461
I'm sorry, guys. I've simply been busier at work and with 2012 CanJam @ RMAF than I anticipated. And, today (all day), Sony's Naotaka Tsunoda is visiting my office (so today won't be the day I post it). Here's my promise: Tomorrow I'll finish and post my impressions of the Sennheiser MOMENTUM. Tomorrow. I promise.

And, yes, I like it.

Sep 11, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #213 of 461
Quote:
I'm sorry, guys. I've simply been busier at work and with 2012 CanJam @ RMAF than I anticipated. And, today (all day), Sony's Naotaka Tsunoda is visiting my office (so today won't be the day I post it). Here's my promise: Tomorrow I'll finish and post my impressions of the Sennheiser MOMENTUM. Tomorrow. I promise.

And, yes, I like it.

I'm excited :) 

Sep 11, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #214 of 461

And, yes, I like it.

Hi Jude, will you do a comparison with the Z-1k?

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #216 of 461
Oh, hell yeah. Can't wait to read the full impressions. If they're good I think I might just have to drop three fiddy on these badboys. I contacted Sennheiser USA yesterday about the drivers and I got an email back saying it was a bit different from the 280/380s (which I had mentioned use the same driver) and that they've been engineered to work with less powerful devices, hence the 18 ohm impedance. I replied, asking if they were more like the HD 25-1 II, or if they use a larger driver, and I got another reply saying they can't offer those details right now, as the headphones were just recently announced. Then he pointed me to the tech specs page. *sigh* Oh well.

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #217 of 461
Quote:
Oh, hell yeah. Can't wait to read the full impressions. If they're good I think I might just have to drop three fiddy on these badboys. I contacted Sennheiser USA yesterday about the drivers and I got an email back saying it was a bit different from the 280/380s (which I had mentioned use the same driver) and that they've been engineered to work with less powerful devices, hence the 18 ohm impedance. I replied, asking if they were more like the HD 25-1 II, or if they use a larger driver, and I got another reply saying they can't offer those details right now, as the headphones were just recently announced. Then he pointed me to the tech specs page. *sigh* Oh well.

Confirmed by Sennheiser here in earlier posts- NOT the same driver as HD25/Amperior

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #220 of 461
There can be headphones with different drivers and housings but that can have a similar signature (eg: HD25 and ES10 - they don't sound the same obviously but they have a similar aggressive sound sig. Another example: SRH-940 and KNS-8400).

Sep 12, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #222 of 461
Quote:
I'm really, really hoping for neutral. I'm really, really skeptical. 

May the bass not bleed into the mids! 

X2 The Amperior had a bit too much bass for my taste.

Sep 12, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #224 of 461
Quote:

That's good to hear. Well, bad, but it makes me feel better not owning it. I just have an easier time forgiving any flaw rather than recessed mids...which besides the comfort was the unforgivable flaw of the HD251ii. Here is really hoping for a HD600/650ish sound for the Momentum. I'll place an order today if Jude really points us that way! 

Sep 12, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #225 of 461
Quote:

Amperior had too much bass?  Isn't it the same driver as the HD25's?  I had the HD25-ii and the bass was almost non existent and the highs were a bit too much for me.  Do the HD25-11 and Amperior sound a like since it has the same driver but different housing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back