Sennheiser Announces HD408, HD418, HD428, HD438, and HD448
Aug 31, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #32 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm.. is it already shipped worldwide? I'm waiting for them. How much do these cost BTW?

I bought 428 for $80 on Amazon.com. But it hasn't arrived yet. Sometimes when I check Amazon it says it won't ship until october!
angry_face.gif
Other times it says "in stock" and ships in 4-5 days.

Sep 1, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #35 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooh, Sennheiser's getting competitive in the designing department now!!! Look at the spiral and flame designs on some of those babies!!!

They're trying to get competitive, but that doesn't mean 'competent'! Me no likey.....

Sep 1, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #36 of 52
Yeah, it's funny they choose the flashiest (or is it tackiest) design for the most neutral of the cans. I would have used the flashy designs on the bass heavy cans. Oh BTW, Amazon cancelled my order for the HD 428 saying they don't have them in stock. So I ordered it from that sound site that was advertising on this forums for having them in stock. Hopefully I get them in less than a week.

Sep 2, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #37 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sadaiyappan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this really true? Everything I've been reading says that the 428 is the bassiest, the 438 and 448 being neutral. Also can someone tell me how the 428 will compare to the old 457? I used to have a pair of 457 and I thought the bass was great on those. I just bought the 428 thinking it was the bassiest of the three, I hope I'm not wrong.
happy_face1.gif

I haven't even opened the 438's since the specs seem very similar to the 448's, in which case I wouldn't get enough volume from them. On the 438 packaging, it says 'Outstanding Bass Performance'... and on the 448 packaging it says 'Lifelike Stereo Sound', like one is geared towards bass and the other more towards neutrality. I did try the 448's with my home system and the difference was huge. They need a more powerful source to shine, all my daps strguggle to drive them, although if you don't listen to loud volumes, they might be okay on their own - not for me though
icon10.gif

EDIT: I know nothing about the 428s!

Sep 2, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #38 of 52
The best headphone experience I have ever had was with my Sennheiser HD 457 plugged into my creative sound card while playing need for speed. The bass was so incredible and the song (hip hop -- I don't even like hip hop) sounded so good. I bought Grado SR60 after that (and I don't have that computer any more so I can't plug in my grados to that sound card) but I plug them into my laptop and they don't sound as good as the sennheisers did. I hope this HD428 is even better than the HD457 (which I guess it should be seeing as it's three times as expensive).

Sep 2, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #39 of 52
I've subscribed for the dutch Sennheiser ''Test Team'' to receive the HD438 for ten days and consequently write a review about them. The best reviewer wins a Sennheiser headphone at choice for 250 euros (IE8 or HD600 anyone?).

Who knows, maybe I'll get elected for the team, although that chance is very slim.

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #41 of 52
Out of the laptop they are definately not as loud as my Grados. Everything sounds quieted except for the bass which it seems like there is too much of. But maybe they need a "burn in."
smily_headphones1.gif
Even the bass itself doesn't sound as "punchy" as they do on my Grados.

Sep 17, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #42 of 52
If you check out Headphone.com they give glowing short review of the Senn HD 448. The say to paraphrase that is is the best headphone Sennheiser has ever produced in the price range and they say in not so many words words that it has fast dynamics. May be a Sennheiser that actually has a "fast" dynamics closer to the sonic attrubutes of "AT", I've always thought the dynamics of most Sennheiser as being a tad "slow" in dynamics as compared to "AT" and "Grado". Headphone, com gives it a rating of 5.0 out of 5.0. This headphone intrigues very much. Happy Listening.

Sep 18, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #43 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhfactor1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you check out Headphone.com they give glowing short review of the Senn HD 448. The say to paraphrase that is is the best headphone Sennheiser has ever produced in the price range and they say in not so many words words that it has fast dynamics. May be a Sennheiser that actually has a "fast" dynamics closer to the sonic attrubutes of "AT", I've always thought the dynamics of most Sennheiser as being a tad "slow" in dynamics as compared to "AT" and "Grado". Headphone, com gives it a rating of 5.0 out of 5.0. This headphone intrigues very much. Happy Listening.

Interesting. I'd missed HeadRoom's coverage of this headphone until now. I'm intrigued too!

Sep 19, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #44 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhfactor1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They must have just put that review up. They give the HD 428 4.5 stars. Also, did you notice they stopped selling all the Shure closed models, except for the SRH240? I suspect that these new similarly-niched Senns had something to do with that.

EDIT (10/08/09): All Shure closed models are now back up on HeadRoom, so it must have been a temporary glitch.

Oct 8, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #45 of 52
I heard these today at one of the bigger stores (Mediamarkt). Pretty good actually apart from the design. It is ugly to say the least but they are comfortable, sound good and even block out some background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back