Sennheiser Amperiors?
Mar 11, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #31 of 1,022

Quote:
They were for me.

And I too am amazed that they managed to lower the impedance and still get very good sound.

Couldn't you make a modification to the regular HD-25-1 IIs that might make them sound nearly the same as the Amperior because they said their goal was to make it sound like the HD-25-1 IIs?
In your video you said that the change of material provided the Amperior with sound quality improvement.

Mar 11, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #32 of 1,022
If Tyll says it, then it must be so.
biggrin.gif
  Hey Tyll it's been a while. I was one of your first customers back in 1993. You sold me the Headroom Supreme and Sennheisers when I was living in Puerto Rico. Later you talked me into the Ety ER4s. All of which were excellent recommendations! Keep up the fine work.

Quote:
They were for me.

And I too am amazed that they managed to lower the impedance and still get very good sound.

Mar 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #34 of 1,022
Had Sennheiser made all these improvements & made them circumnaural headphones , I might have waited to give them a try. I decided I wanted a pair of headphones that were extremely comfortable with none of the sonic compromises of 95% of all "portable" headphones(I don't listen to anything less than lossless, anywhere, anytime. Don't have to/want to) so I got a pair of T70p(which I believe "trump" the dt1350s in frequency extension & transparency of sound). I refuse to be a slave of wearing headphones because of how they might look. I'm going to cheat myself out of any ounce of musical enjoyment for what reason ? Now, that would be assinine as far as I'm concerned ! I think I may have to eventually try a set of the T1 for my home setup

Mar 11, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #35 of 1,022

Quote:
I refuse to be a slave of wearing headphones because of how they might look.

I  think that the looks matters. For instance I'd be more happy to get the d7000 than the hd800, just because of the look.
. Otherwise I'm not convinced by the design of the amperior, i.e the aiaia tma-1 still looks better.
I  just bought some hd25 adidas, because this is what was available in a local store, but if I  found the amperior, I  would probably have taken the amperior instead.
But if the amperior are worth to get, just to upgrade, I  doubt it.

Mar 11, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #37 of 1,022
I doubt it.  HD25's are so widely used in the professional environment that I don't see them being discontinued anytime soon. 

Mar 11, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #38 of 1,022
Are there any details on the removable cable aspect of the amps? Its the only thing that bugs me on the hd25-1-ii. What kind of connect does it use, etc. I had read it is suppose to be detachable but could not find any images 

Mar 11, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #39 of 1,022

Quote:
They were for me.

I'm not buying any more headphones.

I can't.

I just can't.

No way.

confused_face.gif

Mar 11, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #40 of 1,022

Quote:
I'm not buying any more headphones.

I can't.

I just can't.

No way.

confused_face.gif

Thats what I said about touchscreen devices then I went ahead and pre-ordered an ipad3. If there was a $250 pre-order on the amperior I'd probably bite right now haha. With the ipad I figure Ill sell to an apple fan at a profit or break-even at least if its really buggy at launch.  

Mar 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #42 of 1,022
The pricing of these Amperiors at $349 is simply ridiculous 
frown.gif
 . All right, it is a classic an updated HD-25, but $349 for a machined-anodized-aluminum cups, added polarizing foam, copper cable, velour pads and basically just the same HD-25s, it should not cost $150 more. 

The Koss DJ100 is also an aluminum-anodized-machined shell with better hinges and headband, plus it is obviously bigger costs as little as $79. My next DJ headphone will be an Aiaiai DJ or Studio cans. More comfy, looks better, and doesn't stress my ears for long Djing sessions.

Mar 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #44 of 1,022
How different is the sound to the original? Does it at least have a wider soundstage? Is it more refined? I love my HD25s but I have to agree with the statement above; $150 is a lot of dough to throw away for a mic, some cosmetic changes, velour pads, and a copper cable. Just my opinion.

Mar 11, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #45 of 1,022

Quote:
How different is the sound to the original? Does it at least have a wider soundstage? Is it more refined? I love my HD25s but I have to agree with the statement above; $150 is a lot of dough to throw away for a mic, some cosmetic changes, velour pads, and a copper cable. Just my opinion.

They said in a interview. Their goal was to keep the sound the same... I think I'll just dampen the plastic cups with dynamat and save $125.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back